SLCPD investigating stabbing incident that left victim in serious condition
SALT LAKE CITY — The Salt Lake City Police Department is investigating a stabbing incident that left one person in serious condition.
Police received a call around 5:17 am on Sunday about a stabbing victim at a medical facility near 400 South and 900 East. When police arrived they immediately performed first aid to the victim.
The 37-year-old male was transported to a nearby hospital for surgery where he remains in serious but stable condition.
After further investigating the incident police learned the victim the stabbing took place in a house near the 700 block of East Ashton Avenue. Police went immediately to the house to look for more victims, locate a suspect, and collect evidence.
Police arrived at the home to find multiple people inside the home who refused to cooperate with authorities.
SLCPD SWAT, Crisis Negotiators, and Social Workers assisted the officers and detectives. SWAT officers ordered the people inside the home to come out, at around 10:45 am the nine people inside the home were safely detained.
The investigation is still underway, police have not released the name of the victim.
Update 2:25 pm
Salt Lake City Police Department has released all 9 people originally detained, no other arrests or charges have been made at this time.
Today’s Top Stories
- Heated driveways are a modern wonder, but what else can you do with radiant heating around…
- Black Layton football player punished after being called a racial slur
- Rose Bowl tickets available now for Utah football fans
- New US travel rules: What you need to know about the changes prompted by Omicron
- Car carrying infant involved in overnight road rage shooting on SR 201
- Meteorologists say rain and snow are headed to northern Utah this week
- A North Carolina man accidentally bought 2 identical lottery tickets — and won 2 jackpots
- White House announces US diplomatic boycott of 2022 Winter Olympics in Beijing
- Could this be the week that snow arrives in Utah?
- A man jumped out of taxiing airplane at Phoenix’s Sky Harbor International Airport