SLCPD investigating stabbing incident that left victim in serious condition
SALT LAKE CITY — The Salt Lake City Police Department is investigating a stabbing incident that left one person in serious condition.
Police received a call around 5:17 am on Sunday about a stabbing victim at a medical facility near 400 South and 900 East. When police arrived they immediately performed first aid to the victim.
The 37-year-old male was transported to a nearby hospital for surgery where he remains in serious but stable condition.
After further investigating the incident police learned the victim the stabbing took place in a house near the 700 block of East Ashton Avenue. Police went immediately to the house to look for more victims, locate a suspect, and collect evidence.
Police arrived at the home to find multiple people inside the home who refused to cooperate with authorities.
SLCPD SWAT, Crisis Negotiators, and Social Workers assisted the officers and detectives. SWAT officers ordered the people inside the home to come out, at around 10:45 am the nine people inside the home were safely detained.
The investigation is still underway, police have not released the name of the victim.
Update 2:25 pm
Salt Lake City Police Department has released all 9 people originally detained, no other arrests or charges have been made at this time.
Today’s Top Stories
- UPDATE: Family of missing Stanton Porter releases statement regarding his death
- UPDATE: Meteor potentially causes boom that rattles Salt Lake Valley
- How to have the best of both worlds for your house | Home security and curb appeal
- Three people charged after staged kidnapping for YouTube video, police say
- SLCPD activate OICI following the death of a suspect in police custody
- Man fatally shoots self after crashing car into barricade near US Capitol Building
- Police activate endangered missing advisory for 18-month-old boy
- Fire season has arrived in Utah, fueled by a wet winter
- Homeless camp cleanups continue in Salt Lake City
- Teen missing from Layton found safe in Salt Lake City