SLCPD investigating stabbing incident that left victim in serious condition
SALT LAKE CITY — The Salt Lake City Police Department is investigating a stabbing incident that left one person in serious condition.
Police received a call around 5:17 am on Sunday about a stabbing victim at a medical facility near 400 South and 900 East. When police arrived they immediately performed first aid to the victim.
The 37-year-old male was transported to a nearby hospital for surgery where he remains in serious but stable condition.
After further investigating the incident police learned the victim the stabbing took place in a house near the 700 block of East Ashton Avenue. Police went immediately to the house to look for more victims, locate a suspect, and collect evidence.
Police arrived at the home to find multiple people inside the home who refused to cooperate with authorities.
SLCPD SWAT, Crisis Negotiators, and Social Workers assisted the officers and detectives. SWAT officers ordered the people inside the home to come out, at around 10:45 am the nine people inside the home were safely detained.
The investigation is still underway, police have not released the name of the victim.
Update 2:25 pm
Salt Lake City Police Department has released all 9 people originally detained, no other arrests or charges have been made at this time.
- Salt Lake City police investigate stabbing at Pioneer Park
- Analysts say investigators missed opportunities in Gabby Petito investigation
Today’s Top Stories
- Lockout lifted for Hunter High and Hunter Elementary Schools
- Home schools and micro-schooling defined under new Utah bill
- GoFundMe created for passing of two employees at Northrop Grumman
- Full-sized Target coming to former Dillard’s at Provo’s Towne Centre
- Biden to test run his reelection message in his first State of the Union to a divided Congress
- One dead after four-vehicles crash on U.S. Highway-40
- Utah Corrections offers more details on recent assaults against officers
- Utah snowpack at a 10-year-high
- Utah hasn’t had this much snowfall since 2011, according to NWS
- A weekend under the cosmic lights at Woodward Park City