Salt Lake City police investigate stabbing at Pioneer Park
SALT LAKE CITY — The Salt Lake City Police Department is investigating the stabbing of a 42-year-old male Saturday evening at Pioneer Park.
According to Lt. Steve Wooldridge of the Salt Lake City Police Department, authorities received a call around 7 p.m. of an individual who had been stabbed multiple times.
The victim was transported to an area hospital in serious condition. According to Lt. Wooldridge, the victim was stabbed in the legs.
Police are still looking for a suspect. Lt. Wooldridge says police have a good idea of who the suspect may be. However, police say the suspect may still be armed with an knife and possibly something else.
Authorities say there were witnesses to the incident. However, no other injuries were reported.
A separate incident
SALT LAKE CITY — On Sunday afternoon, a fugitive with multiple felony warrants was spotted in the location of 600 E. Simpson Ave.
Police were called on suspicious activity at 12:45 p.m.
When police arrived at the scene, the suspect was approached. He resisted and fled, leading the authorities on a foot pursuit.
Authorities are still searching for the suspect.
- Two SLC police officers injured during arrest at Pioneer Park
- Deadly force deemed as justified in officer-involved shooting at Pioneer Park
Today’s Top Stories
- Wildlife officials, troopers, maneuver large herd of elk away from I-80
- Suspects in custody, lockdown lifted after shots fired at Taylorsville High
- Pedestrian hit and killed by UTA Frontrunner
- Large sinkhole shuts down portion of westbound 1500 North in Lehi
- Investigation of fatal accident at Provo airport includes witness statements
- Teachers at West High School walkout in of protest H.B. 215
- Bystander finds dead body in Salt Lake foothills above Beck Street
- Cottonwood Connect offers a new way to get up Cottonwood Canyons
- UHP: Semi rollover in Juab County has claimed at least one life
- Spanish Fork teacher is year’s first Jazz “Most Valuable Educator”