Salt Lake City police investigate stabbing at Pioneer Park
SALT LAKE CITY — The Salt Lake City Police Department is investigating the stabbing of a 42-year-old male Saturday evening at Pioneer Park.
According to Lt. Steve Wooldridge of the Salt Lake City Police Department, authorities received a call around 7 p.m. of an individual who had been stabbed multiple times.
The victim was transported to an area hospital in serious condition. According to Lt. Wooldridge, the victim was stabbed in the legs.
Police are still looking for a suspect. Lt. Wooldridge says police have a good idea of who the suspect may be. However, police say the suspect may still be armed with an knife and possibly something else.
Authorities say there were witnesses to the incident. However, no other injuries were reported.
A separate incident
SALT LAKE CITY — On Sunday afternoon, a fugitive with multiple felony warrants was spotted in the location of 600 E. Simpson Ave.
Police were called on suspicious activity at 12:45 p.m.
When police arrived at the scene, the suspect was approached. He resisted and fled, leading the authorities on a foot pursuit.
Authorities are still searching for the suspect.
- Two SLC police officers injured during arrest at Pioneer Park
- Deadly force deemed as justified in officer-involved shooting at Pioneer Park
Today’s Top Stories
- Two autistic brothers with ties to Utah drown off Hawaii coast
- 300 W., North Temple intersection closed after crash involving UTA bus
- Judge grants request for preliminary injunction in Utah transgender sports law
- Utah Lake restoration called “unconstitutional” by state agency
- Suspicious package at Intermountain Layton Hospital removed, detonated
- Part of a foot, in a shoe, spotted in Yellowstone hot spring
- What the bishops knew: Church releases details, timeline about Arizona sex abuse case
- July’s unemployment remains steady
- ‘Multiple casualties’ reported after two planes collide over California airport,…
- Taylorsville police release details on suspected murder-suicide