Peeping incidents reported in neighborhood near Utah State University
LOGAN, Utah — Someone has been looking into windows of homes located in a neighborhood near Adams Elementary School in Logan. And police are reaching out to homeowners and students of Utah State University for several reasons.
The Logan City Police Department said most of these peeping incidents have been reported between 400 North and 1000 North, and between 500 East to 800 East.
While the neighborhood is not on the USU campus, Logan police along with USU campus police want students and faculty to take measures to protect their personal safety and to report any suspicious behavior.
At the same time, the Logan City Police Department describes the peeping incidents as “crimes of opportunity” which can be thwarted by removing options for the suspect. They suggest:
- locking your doors and windows when you leave AND while you are at home;
- closing your blinds after dark;
- keeping the exterior of your residence well lit;
- pairing up in groups while walking, and
- consider using the Utah State Safe App, which allows you to ask USU Public Safety to track you as you walk to or from campus.
You can sign up to receive on-campus or in-area alerts from the USU Department of Public Safety at this link.
Please report suspicious behavior by dialing 911. If you are on campus, please call the USU police at 435-797-1939.
And Logan City Police can be reached by calling 435-753-7555.
Today’s Top Stories
- Murray Police warning public to be on lookout for scam
- Three-vehicle crash in Stansbury Park sends two people to hospital
- Nations largest pig farm exposed, two face criminal charges
- Crash involving RV leaves one dead
- Water levels indicate that Utah’s water conservation efforts are working
- Teen arrested, suspected of aggravated murder in Salt Lake City
- ‘I can’t do this’: Fort Myers Beach woman calls for help as Hurricane…
- “The Letter” details journey from Utah murder through grief to redemption
- At Alpine school board meeting, Natalie Cline claims district allows porn in classrooms
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces