Two arrested after shots fired inside City Creek Canyon
SALT LAKE CITY — The Salt Lake City Police Department has taken two individuals into custody after reports of a handgun being shot inside City Creek Canyon Monday evening.
Police were notified of shots fired at 5:03 p.m. Community members reported hearing gun shots from the City Creek Canyon close to the pavilion.
Once officers arrived on scene, witnesses reported seeing the suspects get into a vehicle and were headed toward the Utah State Capital.
Following a high-risk traffic stop at 500 North East Capital Boulevard, both suspects were taken into custody without further incident.
Authorities say based on the initial investigation, it does not appear as though the suspects were targeting anyone specifically.
Police also say there were no injuries or reports of property damage from the incident.
The investigation is ongoing. The identities of the two suspects have not been released.
- Salt Lake City police investigate stabbing at Pioneer Park
- Salt Lake City police response times getting longer
- Last defendant pleads guilty for lighting Salt Lake City police car on fire
Today’s Top Stories
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints announces the construction of 18 new temples
- Pickup truck crash leaves two dead
- Saturday morning conference session makes history
- Fatal car crash closes southbound I-15 in Washington County
- NWS issues severe thunderstorm warning in Grand County
- Murray Police warning public to be on lookout for scam
- First freedoms: The interconnectedness of First Amendment rights
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces
- The sad history of Tragedy Spring
- Progress in 175 years: Discovering new stories of Utah’s pioneers