The Utah Jazz honor 10-year-old by donating $50,000
SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Jazz honor 10-year-old Izzy Tichenor before the start of their game Thursday night.
Thurl Bailey, former Jazz player turned broadcast announcer, asked the fans to take a moment of silence to remember Isabella “Izzy” Tichenor who took her own life. Izzy’s mother, Brittany Tichenor, said school bullying likely played a role.
— Utah Jazz (@utahjazz) November 12, 2021
The Utah Jazz Foundation announced they donated $50,000 to the “Stand for Izzy” GoFundMe campaign in the girl’s honor. The fund’s goal is $150,000.
If you or someone you know is experiencing suicidal thoughts or exhibiting warning signs, call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255) or the Utah Crisis Line at 1-800-273-8255, which is answered 24/7/365 by crisis counselors at Huntsman Mental Health Institute.
You can also text TALK to 741741, and parents, students and educators can download the SafeUT app chat or call 833-3SAFEUT (723388) to connect with a licensed crisis counselor.
*KSL NewsRadio does not assure that the money deposited to the account directly benefits the persons named as beneficiaries. If you are considering a deposit to the account, you should consult your own advisers and otherwise proceed at your own risk.
- Family of 10-year-old who died by suicide seeks solutions
- If a child asks about or mentions suicide, doctors say it’s time to talk
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah judge cancels hearing on trans athlete ruling in favor of written opinion
- Suspect in Heber murder found dead, police say
- Colorado River falls into Tier 2 shortage, new cuts coming for Southwest
- How to have the best of both worlds for your house | Home security and curb appeal
- Utah middle school bans phones from entire school day
- Power outage impacting much of Magna and West Valley City
- UPDATE: Family of missing Stanton Porter releases statement regarding his death
- Victim of fatal accident identified, SR 190 reopens in Big Cottonwood Canyon
- Church announces names of 2 future temples; another temple rededicated
- UPDATE: Meteor potentially causes boom that rattles Salt Lake Valley