The Utah Jazz honor 10-year-old by donating $50,000
SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Jazz honor 10-year-old Izzy Tichenor before the start of their game Thursday night.
Thurl Bailey, former Jazz player turned broadcast announcer, asked the fans to take a moment of silence to remember Isabella “Izzy” Tichenor who took her own life. Izzy’s mother, Brittany Tichenor, said school bullying likely played a role.
— Utah Jazz (@utahjazz) November 12, 2021
The Utah Jazz Foundation announced they donated $50,000 to the “Stand for Izzy” GoFundMe campaign in the girl’s honor. The fund’s goal is $150,000.
If you or someone you know is experiencing suicidal thoughts or exhibiting warning signs, call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255) or the Utah Crisis Line at 1-800-273-8255, which is answered 24/7/365 by crisis counselors at Huntsman Mental Health Institute.
You can also text TALK to 741741, and parents, students and educators can download the SafeUT app chat or call 833-3SAFEUT (723388) to connect with a licensed crisis counselor.
*KSL NewsRadio does not assure that the money deposited to the account directly benefits the persons named as beneficiaries. If you are considering a deposit to the account, you should consult your own advisers and otherwise proceed at your own risk.
- Family of 10-year-old who died by suicide seeks solutions
- If a child asks about or mentions suicide, doctors say it’s time to talk
Today’s Top Stories
- Police now have persons of interest in Moab double murder case
- UDOH is changing prioritization process for COVID-19 symptom treatments
- UPDATE: Wrong way car crash on Bangerter Highway results in death of 19-year-old
- UPDATED: Utah House overturns Salt Lake, Summit county mask mandates
- Wordle, the easy online word game that’s easy to love
- FBI says Brian Laundrie took responsibility for Gabby Petito’s murder
- Moab Police get digital evidence possibly connected to double murder
- ‘Jingle Bells’ was originally written as a Thanksgiving song
- BREAKING: Gun in shooting outside Hunter High purchased in Utah in 2013
- Lori Vallow remains unfit for trial, Chad Daybell’s trial to be rescheduled