Summit County Council terminates the contract of its fire chief
SUMMIT COUNTY, Utah — The Summit County Council terminated the contract of its fire chief Ian Nelson on Saturday.
The decision came on the recommendation of North Summit Fire District Administrative Control Board. The action will be ratified at North Summit Fire District Administrative Control Board meeting, which is set for Monday evening.
A decision on an interim fire chief will be announced as soon as possible. That will be followed by a search to fill to permanently fill the position.
No additional information on this matter will be provided until after Monday’s meeting.
- Summit County health officials concerned by low COVID-19 vaccination rates
- Crashes near Scipio and in Summit County kill two people
Today’s Top Stories
- Staff member at school in southern Utah arrested for alleged sexual abuse
- Confrontation with bicyclist sends UTA bus driver to hospital
- Sugar House locals worry 2100 South poses threat to safety and business
- 21-year-old woman killed in Provo hit-and-run
- Former American Fork soccer coach arrested on charges of child sexual abuse
- Is forcing the homeless into treatment the answer?
- Suspect in I-15 shooting named, booked into jail
- Fire in West Valley City home contained to one room in basement
- Air Force unveils newest stealth bomber aircraft
- Opinion: The long and winding road to the championship