EDUCATION + SCHOOLS
Davis School District appoints new assistant superintendent
Nov 22, 2021, 9:04 PM | Updated: Jul 27, 2022, 3:44 pm
FARMINGTON, Utah — Dr. Jacqueline Thompson will serve as an assistant superintendent for Davis School District.
Her appointment was announced Monday by Davis School District Superintendent Reid Newey.
“We believe Dr. Thompson will be key in moving us in a definitive direction as we move forward in our efforts to do better for all students,” Newey said in a press release. “She is a valuable resource and someone who understands better than anyone where we need to go.”
In her new role, Thompson will be working on diversity and equity issues. She will start her new position in early December.
Assistant superintendent retired from Davis School District in 2018
Thompson is a former employee with Davis School District, retiring in 2018. At the time of her retirement, Thompson was serving as director of educational equity. Before coming to Davis School District in 2000, Thompson was a public teacher in Idaho and California. She has also served as a Gender Equity Specialist and Education Specialist in the Utah State Office of Education.
Thompson has also worked for Hill Air Force Base, serving as an Equal Employment Opportunity specialist.
In November 2012, then Gov. Gary Herbert appointed her to the State Multicultural Commission. In addition, Thompson has also served as the Education Chair on the Utah State Martin Luther King, Jr. Human Rights Commission.
Thompson is the oldest of nine children, and is a native of Nashville, Tenn. She and her husband, Edward, have two sons, two daughters-in-law and four grandchildren.
- Davis School District opens investigation into Tichenor bullying
- Davis School District reports over 100 open jobs weeks before school starts
- No pride flag, or others, in Davis School District classrooms
- COVID-19 tests in the Davis School District provide results in 15 minutes
- Parents hold sit-in at Davis School District, call for in-person classes
- Parents plan sit-in for first day of classes at Davis School District
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Pride-wrapped UTA bus pulled from downtown Pride Parade
- Two people killed in road rage crash near Eagle Mountain are identified
- Utah House leader signals change to special election law to fill Rep. Stewart’s seat
- Kouri Richins family satisfied with partial gag order issued in case, says spokesman
- Teenager drowns at Palisade State Park after getting caught in storm, officials say
- Gov. Cox says he’s willing to call a special session to change Utah special election law
- Salt Lake City police investigate after fatal overnight shooting outside of New Yorker night club
- Witnesses report motorcycle passenger firing at silver car on NB I-15
- Man nearly drowns at Gunlock Falls
- Four killed, including toddler, after plane crashed in Virginia