Traffic in southern Utah and Nevada causes headaches for motorists
CEDAR CITY, Utah — Traffic on the trip home from Thanksgiving proved to be a bit of a headache for drivers in southern Utah Sunday.
The Utah Department of Transportation (UDOT) reported Sunday afternoon heavy congestion on northbound I-15 between Cedar City and the SR-20 junction. The congestion was a result of multiple crashes between mileposts 77 and 95 in Iron County.
UDOT also reported a crash near Kanarraville that was especially trouble-some for drivers.
Driver Alert: There is a crash on NB I-15 at MP 51 near old Hwy 91 in Kanarraville. One lane is open, expect major delays. For updates check the UDOT Traffic App or @waze for updates. @UDOTRegionthree @UtahTrucking @UtahDOT
— UDOT Traffic (@UDOTTRAFFIC) November 28, 2021
According to the UDOT twitter page, it took a couple of hours for that crash to be cleared. However, the congestion lasted long after the crash had been cleared, creating for heavy traffic in southern Utah.
That wasn’t the only spot along I-15 that saw congestion.
According to Mesquite, Nevada police, traffic on northbound I-15 was backed all the way up to milepost 121 in Mesquite. And the police reported that the traffic was moving slowly. Mesquite police also reported that travel time to St. George was at 1.5 hours.
Today’s Top Stories
- Human chain formed to help after Pittsburgh bridge collapse
- VIDEO: Black Frontier Middle School student reportedly bullied on school bus
- Rep. Teuscher to hold off on curriculum bill, consult more teachers
- Former BYU professor charged with 5 more counts of forcible sexual abuse
- Pennsylvania court strikes down expansive mail-in voting law
- Pedestrian hit by two cars in fatal accident
- Dead body found in the Jordan River
- Controversial bill challenged by teachers now on hold
- ‘We can do it in 5 minutes’: Governor Cox will sign bill giving state’s…
- Six more patients accuse Kaysville chiropractor of sexual abuse