There’s a new assignment option for missionaries in Africa
SALT LAKE CITY — The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints announced it’s adding a mission in Africa.
The Rwanda Kigali Mission will open in July 2022. It combines three missions: the Democratic Republic of the Congo Kinshasa East, Democratic Republic of the Congo Lubumbashi and Uganda Kampala Missions. A mission president and companion for the mission will be announced next month.
Kigali is Rwanda’s capital city and is the most populated city in the country.
The Church currently has three branches in Rwanda. It will now have 39 missions in Africa.
Today’s Top Stories
- Controversial homecoming dress code ends in protest
- Intermountain Healthcare purchases land near Ephraim
- Fatal crash near Strawberry Reservoir closes SR-40
- Motorhome crash in Idaho sends two Utahns to the hospital
- Officer-involved shooting kills one, sends officer to hospital
- Salt Lake County Dems call for immediate resignation of Sen. Gene Davis
- Draper City suing Geneva Rock, the mining company at Point of the Mountain
- Salt Lake City Police respond to five different incidents with weapons
- Utah homes have some of the highest levels of radon gas
- A new chance for a fighting chance against ovarian cancer