There’s a new assignment option for missionaries in Africa
SALT LAKE CITY — The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints announced it’s adding a mission in Africa.
The Rwanda Kigali Mission will open in July 2022. It combines three missions: the Democratic Republic of the Congo Kinshasa East, Democratic Republic of the Congo Lubumbashi and Uganda Kampala Missions. A mission president and companion for the mission will be announced next month.
Kigali is Rwanda’s capital city and is the most populated city in the country.
The Church currently has three branches in Rwanda. It will now have 39 missions in Africa.
Today’s Top Stories
- Southern Utah teenager dies in digging accident at state park in Kanab
- Kaysville woman scams friends and family of tax refunds
- SLC experiences the 3rd largest rent increase in the nation
- In some instances, children as young as age 10 can work in Utah
- Dog thrown out of car taken in by South Salt Lake Animal Services
- Division of Natural Resources offers weekly lawn watering guide
- More than $430K in drugs found stuffed in car speaker in St. George
- Police say Herriman woman tried to bribe an officer
- Man found dead from self-inflicted wound following SWAT situation
- FDA clears COVID booster shot for healthy kids ages 5 to 11