Two dead in RV fire near I-80 off Redwood Road in Salt Lake City
SALT LAKE CITY — At least two people are dead after an RV fire under I-80 near Redwood Road in Salt Lake City on Wednesday, but firefighters tell KSL a third person escaped the flames.
UPDATE: Identities of the deceased individuals and the cause of this tragic fire will not be released until the investigation is completed with cooperation from the Medical Examiner’s Office. Sadly a dog was also lost in the incident. pic.twitter.com/X30vpdUbyB
— Salt Lake City Fire Department (@slcfire) December 29, 2021
The Salt Lake City Fire Department says a dog inside the RV also perished.
— Derek Petersen (@Derek_Photog) December 29, 2021
Crews first got the call around 7:30 a.m. Wednesday morning for a fire near 1775 West 200 South, a frontage road off of Redwood Road and I-80.
Authorities did not immediately offer other details, including a possible cause for the fire. They also did not say how many people were believed to be inside the RV at the time. Fire officials said they would not release the cause of the fire or the names of those who died until their investigation wraps up.
The smoke billowed up and was visible from I-80.
Contributing: Jacob Rueda, Derek Petersen
Today’s Top Stories
- Idaho Amber Alert out for two children, police suspect babysitter
- Supreme Court sides with coach who sought to pray after game
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints reacts to Roe v. Wade
- Kearns woman killed in a two-vehicle accident in Idaho
- Elizabeth Smart says she was sexually assaulted on a plane
- San Juan county crash leaves one dead, one injured
- You’ll love spending the day at Bear Lake | How to spend a day at Bear Lake
- Which devices best prevent catalytic-converter theft
- Residents of four Salt Lake City apartments displaced by fire
- Planned Parenthood of Utah files lawsuit against the state