Introducing Piper England – Utah’s first baby of 2022
LOGAN, Utah — Utah’s first baby of 2022 was born at 1:03 a.m. on Saturday morning at Intermountain Logan Regional Hospital.
Piper England was 7 pounds and 19 inches long and is the daughter of Bethany and Scott England, of Logan.
Piper’s arrival came earlier than expected for her parents.
“I wasn’t due until Jan. 20, but my water broke last night about 10 p.m. and we arrived at the hospital about 11 p.m. knowing I’d need a Caesarean section,” said Bethany in a press release. “We didn’t think she’d arrive quite this early. We have a lot of family birthdays in December, so my mom told me, no more December birthdays. Luckily, Piper made it to January by just over an hour.”
Piper is the second child to Scott and Bethany. Three-year-old brother Oliver was also born at Logan Regional Hospital.
“I was at home and got the call that Bethany’s water had broken and that she needed a Caesarean delivery and drove to the hospital,” said Dr. Brynn Schumacher, the Intermountain Medical Group OB on-call who delivered Piper. “The Englands are a really nice couple, and it just turned out that the baby was born early in 2022.”
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah Tech student dies after falling from fifth-story balcony
- Lawsuit against Arches National Park after incident resulting in the death of a woman
- Kirstie Alley, ‘Cheers’ and ‘Veronica’s Closet’ star, dead at 71
- ‘Goblin mode’ chosen as Oxford word of the year for 2022
- Checking in on the status of full-day kindergarten in Utah
- Deadline for REAL ID-compliant license, ID card, extended to 2025
- Defense bill likely to include end to military Covid vaccine mandate, source says
- How much will it take to save the Great Salt Lake?
- Three toys recalled in U.S. for excessive lead paint
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success