Governor Cox urges vaccinations to fight omicron surge
SALT LAKE CITY — Governor Spencer Cox is urging Utahns to fight the COVID surge.
The Governor posted a video from Thursday promoting vaccinations and booster shots to help fight the omicron variant.
Cox said getting vaccinated is the most effective thing we can do right now.
“If, for whatever reason, you have put off getting vaccinated or boosted, now is the time. Vaccinations and boosters have been shown to reduce hospitalizations and deaths,” said Governor Cox.
In addition to the shots, Cox urged Utahns to take other steps to fight the current surge.
“If you feel sick, please get tested and stay home. If you’re indoors, mask up with an N-95 or KN-95 mask.”
Cox sounded a hopeful note as he closed the video.
“Now, I’m more optimistic than ever that this wave will bring an end to the pandemic as we know it,” he said.
Today’s Top Stories
- Supreme Court says Biden can end Trump-era ‘Remain in Mexico’ immigration policy
- Two people are in critical condition following two-vehicle car crash
- CDC confirms five monkeypox cases in Utah
- SLCPD shuts down area near 700 East following fight at yoga studio
- You’ll love spending the day at Bear Lake | How to spend a day at Bear Lake
- Jackson sworn in, becomes 1st Black woman on Supreme Court
- Different abortion law now in effect in Utah
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints reacts to Roe v. Wade
- Expert gives tips on conquering your downward social media scroll
- Bountiful woman arrested after allegedly stealing $6,000 from patient