Man arrested for alleged sexual assault of a minor on New Year’s Day
GARFIELD COUNTY, Utah — A 18-year-old man has been taken into custody by the Garfield County Sheriff’s Office for allegedly sexually assaulting a 13-year-old minor in the early hours of New Year’s Day.
According to the probable cause statement, William Zenger met the victim at Ebenezer’s where a party was being held. The victim stated the two began dancing and Zenger asked if he could kiss her. The victim said yes to the request.
Later in the evening, the victim went back to her hotel room and visited with Zenger on Snap Chat. After the two exchanged their ages with each other, the two met back up at his hotel room.
It was in his hotel room where the sexual assault took place, according to the probable cause statement.
The probable cause statement further states, the victim told authorities, while in the hotel room she told Zenger she was scared and needed to get back home.
Upon speaking to authorities and being read his Miranda rights, Zenger admitted to drinking beer that night. He also admitted to having a girl in his hotel room that he had met at a dance.
When asked about the alleged sexual assault, Zenger said he wanted a lawyer.
Zenger was arrested and booked into the Garfield County Jail under investigation for sodomy of a child, a first-degree felony; forcible sexual abuse, a second-degree felony and possession of alcohol for someone under 21, a Class B misdemeanor.
Today’s Top Stories
- Fight the drought, install artificial turf. Landscape expert shares advice.
- Kaysville woman scams friends and family of tax refunds
- Multiple people injured in malfunction at Sandy car wash
- US Soccer equalizes pay in milestone with women, men
- SLC experiences the 3rd largest rent increase in the nation
- Southern Utah teenager dies in digging accident at state park in Kanab
- Division of Natural Resources offers weekly lawn watering guide
- Summit Academy High School locked down after series of unrelated events
- Big delays on FrontRunner from Roy to Clearfield after train versus person accident
- SLC International Airport to add another international nonstop flight