CRIME, POLICE + COURTS
Man arrested for alleged sexual assault of a minor on New Year’s Day
GARFIELD COUNTY, Utah — A 18-year-old man has been taken into custody by the Garfield County Sheriff’s Office for allegedly sexually assaulting a 13-year-old minor in the early hours of New Year’s Day.
According to the probable cause statement, William Zenger met the victim at Ebenezer’s where a party was being held. The victim stated the two began dancing and Zenger asked if he could kiss her. The victim said yes to the request.
Later in the evening, the victim went back to her hotel room and visited with Zenger on Snap Chat. After the two exchanged their ages with each other, the two met back up at his hotel room.
It was in his hotel room where the sexual assault took place, according to the probable cause statement.
The probable cause statement further states, the victim told authorities, while in the hotel room she told Zenger she was scared and needed to get back home.
Upon speaking to authorities and being read his Miranda rights, Zenger admitted to drinking beer that night. He also admitted to having a girl in his hotel room that he had met at a dance.
When asked about the alleged sexual assault, Zenger said he wanted a lawyer.
Zenger was arrested and booked into the Garfield County Jail under investigation for sodomy of a child, a first-degree felony; forcible sexual abuse, a second-degree felony and possession of alcohol for someone under 21, a Class B misdemeanor.
- USU police chief resigns after sexual assault comments to football players were made public
- Weber County man arrested for alleged sexual assault of his brother
- Man charged with sexual assault may have kept a list of previous victims
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Meteorologist says only a couple more weeks of snow and rain
- Lawyers of man who lost lawsuit against Gwyneth Paltrow may try for new trial
- Tabernacle Choir at Temple Square will be joined by international singers this weekend
- Utah company with ties to polygamous group cited for violating child labor laws
- Drug Enforcement Administration warns of new substance appearing in Utah
- Alta wins the race to 800 inches, more snow expected Friday afternoon
- The search for the caller behind Utah’s 13 school hoaxes
- Church leaders travel the world ministering to all people
- As the snow melts, cases of canine giardia can increase
- General Conference of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints