CRIME, POLICE + COURTS
Weber County man arrested for alleged sexual assault of his brother
OGDEN, Utah — A Weber County man has been arrested for allegedly sexually assaulting his younger brother.
According to a probable cause statement, the now 16-year-old victim stated on Dec. 3, the assaults started when he was in second grade. The assaults continued until the victim was in 10th grade in 2020.
The victim also stated in the probable cause statement, his brother told him not to tell anyone or he would get in trouble. The victim further stated that a sexual assault happened twice a week at his mother’s home in Farr West, and at his father’s residence in Ogden.
According to the probable cause statement, the brother would expose the victim to child pornography via pictures and videos.
The victim stated the last time an assault occurred was in 2020 at 162 W. Ray St. in Ogden. The probable cause statement said that it was at this address that the brother showed the victim child pornography, then took him to his bedroom.
The probable cause statement also says there was juvenile friend of the victim, who was harmed by the brother. The victim also states in the probable cause statement that his stepsister may have also been a victim.
A search warrant was obtained and executed for the residence in Ogden at 162 W. Ray St. During the search, several items of evidence, including several laptops, cell phones, memory cards and a bag full of young female underwear were seized.
The brother turned himself into the Weber County Sheriff’s Office. He was arrested under investigation for rape of a child; sexual exploitation of a minor; forcible sodomy of a child and dealing in harmful material.
- Police: Accused Ogden bank robber fled scene on FrontRunner
- Weber County Sheriff’s Office reports death of inmate
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Lawyers of man who lost lawsuit against Gwyneth Paltrow may try for new trial
- Meteorologist says only a couple more weeks of snow and rain
- Alta wins the race to 800 inches, more snow expected Friday afternoon
- Utah company with ties to polygamous group cited for violating child labor laws
- The search for the caller behind Utah’s 13 school hoaxes
- Former President Trump was indicted Thursday, what it means
- Tabernacle Choir at Temple Square will be joined by international singers this weekend
- As the snow melts, cases of canine giardia can increase
- Hear it Firsthand: 6 Students Share Their Executive MBA Experience at BYU’s Marriott School…
- Arrest made after fatal Logan Canyon crash