A small Cessna aircraft makes an emergency landing on I-15
BOX ELDER COUNTY, Utah — A small Cessna aircraft made an emergency landing on I-15 in Box Elder County on Sunday, according to the Utah Highway Patrol.
According to the UHP, the aircraft touched down near milepost 365 at 11:44 a.m.
Once on the ground, the UHP moved the plane to the median. For a time, only one lane on the highway was opened.
The UHP says there were no injuries reported in the incident.
About an hour later, the aircraft was transported to the nearest airport, allowing all lanes on I-15 to reopen.
The FAA will be investigating the incident. No other information was available.
A small CESNA aircraft performed an emergency landing on I-15 in Box Elder County at about mile marker 365 at about 11:44 AM. Troopers moved the plane to the median; currently only one lane open on the right. No injuries reported. The FAA will be investigating. pic.twitter.com/ZzCDm7nHD1
— Utah Highway Patrol (@UTHighwayPatrol) January 16, 2022
- Delta flight makes emergency landing at Salt Lake International Airport
- Pilot looking for I-80 driver that helped create a safe emergency landing
Today’s Top Stories
- Multiple people injured in malfunction at Sandy car wash
- Fight the drought, install artificial turf. Landscape expert shares advice.
- Kaysville woman scams friends and family of tax refunds
- SLC experiences the 3rd largest rent increase in the nation
- Big delays on FrontRunner from Roy to Clearfield after train versus person accident
- Southern Utah teenager dies in digging accident at state park in Kanab
- US Soccer equalizes pay in milestone with women, men
- Summit Academy High School locked down after series of unrelated events
- Division of Natural Resources offers weekly lawn watering guide
- SLC International Airport to add another international nonstop flight