A small Cessna aircraft makes an emergency landing on I-15
BOX ELDER COUNTY, Utah — A small Cessna aircraft made an emergency landing on I-15 in Box Elder County on Sunday, according to the Utah Highway Patrol.
According to the UHP, the aircraft touched down near milepost 365 at 11:44 a.m.
Once on the ground, the UHP moved the plane to the median. For a time, only one lane on the highway was opened.
The UHP says there were no injuries reported in the incident.
About an hour later, the aircraft was transported to the nearest airport, allowing all lanes on I-15 to reopen.
The FAA will be investigating the incident. No other information was available.
A small CESNA aircraft performed an emergency landing on I-15 in Box Elder County at about mile marker 365 at about 11:44 AM. Troopers moved the plane to the median; currently only one lane open on the right. No injuries reported. The FAA will be investigating. pic.twitter.com/ZzCDm7nHD1
— Utah Highway Patrol (@UTHighwayPatrol) January 16, 2022
- Delta flight makes emergency landing at Salt Lake International Airport
- Pilot looking for I-80 driver that helped create a safe emergency landing
Today’s Top Stories
- Controversial homecoming dress code ends in protest
- Name change coming to Intermountain Healthcare next year
- Ian makes landfall in southwest Florida as Category 4 storm
- Severe thunderstorm warning issued for Davis and Weber counties
- The plan to build an inland port/commerce hub is on hold
- Salt Lake County Dems call for immediate resignation of Sen. Gene Davis
- So. Salt Lake Police identify victim in officer-involved shooting
- New poll suggests voters don’t wan’t to see Biden or Trump on the ballot
- Hurricane Ian knocked out power to all of Cuba, Florida officials urge evacuations
- Fatal crash near Strawberry Reservoir closes SR-40