A small Cessna aircraft makes an emergency landing on I-15
BOX ELDER COUNTY, Utah — A small Cessna aircraft made an emergency landing on I-15 in Box Elder County on Sunday, according to the Utah Highway Patrol.
According to the UHP, the aircraft touched down near milepost 365 at 11:44 a.m.
Once on the ground, the UHP moved the plane to the median. For a time, only one lane on the highway was opened.
The UHP says there were no injuries reported in the incident.
About an hour later, the aircraft was transported to the nearest airport, allowing all lanes on I-15 to reopen.
The FAA will be investigating the incident. No other information was available.
A small CESNA aircraft performed an emergency landing on I-15 in Box Elder County at about mile marker 365 at about 11:44 AM. Troopers moved the plane to the median; currently only one lane open on the right. No injuries reported. The FAA will be investigating. pic.twitter.com/ZzCDm7nHD1
— Utah Highway Patrol (@UTHighwayPatrol) January 16, 2022
- Delta flight makes emergency landing at Salt Lake International Airport
- Pilot looking for I-80 driver that helped create a safe emergency landing
Today’s Top Stories
- Bill would allow individuals to become teachers without a bachelor’s degree
- One person killed in wrong-way head-on collision on I-15 near Beck Street
- Two employees found unconscious at Northrop Grumman, died later at hospital
- The bizarre history of Groundhog Day
- Four elk killed as herd gets too close to I-215 and I-80
- Bill to set target water level for the Great Salt Lake dries up
- Salt Lake City police investigating shooting, one person hurt
- One man dead, suspect on the run after Glendale shooting
- Davis County officials charge suspect in Layton Amber Alert
- Opinion: Is sportsmanship dead in high school basketball?