Davis School District has 19 schools switching to online learning
FARMINGTON, Utah — The four-day weekend in the Davis School District wasn’t long enough to slow the spread of COVID-19 virus.
On Tuesday, the Davis County Health Department informed the Davis School District that 19 of its schools have reached the threshold of the number of COVID cases in each school.
As a result, those 19 schools will switch to online learning, beginning on Wednesday, and will be held for the remainder of this week. It is planned that in-person learning will resume on Monday, Jan. 24.
The move comes following a letter by Gov. Spencer Cox sent to school boards on Jan. 13. Due to a shortage of testing supplies and school staff, Gov. Cox is allowing schools to pivot to remote learning to help reduce the spread of the virus.
Davis High reported 126 new cases as of Tuesday morning, while Syracuse High had 105 and Clearfield had 90 cases. Northridge High also reported 80 cases, while Farmington had 79.
To see where each of the schools in the district stand, click here
The threshold number for each school is 2% of the student body.
At Northridge, those students who rely on the school for breakfast and lunch will be provided with grab-and-go meals. Those meals will be available during the regular breakfast and lunch times.
- Davis School District apologizes, calls letter sent to parents about COVID-positive students ‘a mistake’
- Davis School District launches video series encouraging inclusivity
Today’s Top Stories
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- Jordan High student killed in Sandy crosswalk by school bus
- Utah Senate passes transgender-related surgery ban for minors
- SLC restaurant “Manoli’s” nominated for James Beard Award
- Utah leading a lawsuit against new ESG rule affecting 401(k) plans
- Get Ready for Fun at the 2023 Bear Lake Monster Winterfest
- Utah safety officials, NAACP, react to death of Tyre Nichols
- Two Republicans voted against bill banning transgender-related surgery, here’s why
- Salt Lake City traffic stop leads to drug bust, illegal gun recovered
- Three teens in custody after fight, shooting at Taylorsville High