One person killed in an auto-pedestrian accident in Tooele County
TOOELE, Utah — The Utah Highway Patrol (UHP) is investigating an auto-pedestrian accident late Friday night in Tooele County that claimed the life of one person.
According to the UHP, the accident occurred at 10:37 p.m. A semi-truck hauling three trailers was driving westbound on I-80 near milepost 11 when it a struck a pedestrian, who was in the number two lane.
The pedestrian was transported by helicopter to an area hospital in critical condition. However, the victim passed away from his injuries early Saturday morning.
According to the UHP, a vehicle, that is believed to belong to the victim, was discovered about a quarter mile east of the incident parked in the emergency lane. The victim had a skateboard and a phone with a GPS active routing him to exit 4.
Authorities believe the victim’s vehicle either had a mechanical issue or ran out of gas.
The identity of the victim was not released.
Today’s Top Stories
- CDC confirms five monkeypox cases in Utah
- Husband of Bluffdale mayor faces charges threatening city councilman
- Delta pilots picketing in Salt Lake City and across the country
- Party ban becomes permanent for Airbnb
- Supreme Court says Biden can end Trump-era ‘Remain in Mexico’ immigration policy
- Different abortion law now in effect in Utah
- Two people injured in Brigham City two-vehicle crash
- Florida judge allows lawsuit filed by Gabby Petito’s parents against Brian…
- Supreme Court limits EPA in curbing power plant emissions
- Supreme Court widens state power over tribes. What does it mean for Utah?