Small business owners may want to open up shop in Tooele County
TOOELE COUNTY, Utah — New data from financial technology company, SmartAsset, showed Tooele County is the best place in Utah to make money if you’re a small business owner.
The company looked at how many tax returns in each county reported income from small businesses. This was then compared to the total number of taxes filed for the population in the county. SmartAsset also measured the tax residents must pay on their business income — along with some other factors.
Tooele County small business owners came out on top in the Beehive State with returns of 42.08% and income levels of 11.35%. Tooele county also ranked as the 588th best place for small businesses in the country.
Salt Lake County small business owners ranked sixth in the state. While their returns were slightly higher than those in Tooele County at 43%, the reported income was only at 4.67%.
The data shows business owners in Garfield County came in last of all 27 counties in the state. Small businesses there only brought in 2.17% income and showed returns of 22.41%.
You can see the list of Utah’s top ten counties for small business owners and an interactive map of all of Utah’s counties here.
- Supreme Court halts COVID-19 vaccine rule for US businesses
- Which Utah businesses have recovered from the pandemic?
- Small Business Saturday in Utah County deemed a huge success
Today’s Top Stories
- One person killed in wrong-way head-on collision on I-15 near Beck Street
- Salt Lake City police investigating shooting, one person hurt
- Bill would allow individuals to become teachers without a bachelor’s degree
- Two employees found unconscious at Northrop Grumman, died later at hospital
- Suspect in Layton Amber Alert charged
- Opinion: Is sportsmanship dead in high school basketball?
- Correctional officer assaulted at Utah State Correctional Facility
- Missing radioactive capsule from Rio Tinto mine found on Australian road
- Cracks are showing in the coalition of the GOP, according to polling numbers
- Potential redesign of new Utah State Flag emphasizes Native American tribes