One person killed in I-80 crash in Tooele County
TOOELE COUNTY — One person was killed Tuesday afternoon in a one-vehicle accident on I-80 in Tooele County, according to the Utah Highway Patrol.
The UHP says the accident occurred at milepost 57 just before 4:30 p.m. Authorities say that a gray Infinity was traveling eastbound on I-80 when it left the highway. The vehicle exited to the left and rolled several times before coming to a stop in a eastbound lane.
One of the occupants in the vehicle, an adult male, was ejected from the car and died from his injuries, according to the UHP. The other individual in the vehicle was transported to an area hospital with minor injuries.
Witnesses told the UHP that the vehicle was driving at a high rate of speed and reckless before it rolled. The UHP is uncertain who was driving the vehicle at the time of the crash.
The identity of the victim has not been released. No other information was provided.
- UHP reports ‘dangerous’ and ‘unacceptable’ speeds
- UHP trying to put all the pieces together in deadly sandstorm pile-up
Today’s Top Stories
- Car drives into parade, hits horse and rider
- UDOT warns winter storm bringing roadway impacts
- UPDATE: Southbound I-15 lanes in Washington County reopen following closure
- Crash on I-15 in Draper leaves one dead
- Man crashes into Ogden Taco Bell drive-thru window
- American Red Cross of Utah seeks volunteers in central Utah
- Trash can on fire at home in the Cottonwoods, safely extinguished
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- Frontier Airlines no longer has a customer service phone line
- ‘Fame’ and ‘Flashdance’ singer-actor Irene Cara dies at 63