Legos, figurines and Mr. Potato Head all among the popular toys in U.S.
SALT LAKE CITY — For those of you not keeping track at home, 10 months from Friday is Christmas Day. And while many people are still recovering from Christmas two months ago, they simply are not even ready to think ahead to what the most popular toys will be 10 months from now.
That being said, the website premiumjoy.com released Thursday a list of the most popular toys by state. Legos were the big winner on the list. Legos were the most trending toy in 34 states, according to the website.
Lego Home Alone was the most popular toy in 25 states for the past year. Three other Lego sets were the most popular in nine states, including Utah. Those sets were Lego World Map, Lego Typewriter, and Lego Titanic.
All four of the Lego sets also come at a big price tag. The Lego Home Alone is available for $250. However, Lego Titanic costs $637, while Lego World Map comes with price of $250 and Lego Typewriter costs $200.
In Utah, the most popular toy for the past year was Lego World Map.
After Legos, toy figurines are second on the list, and moving up the list fast. Toy figurines are the most popular toys in nine states.
Figurines from the 2021 Disney movies Encanto and Luca are among the most popular figurines. Mr. Potato Head, who is known for being in the Toy Stoy movies, is also another popular toy. Mr. Potato Head is the most popular toy in Wyoming, South Dakota and Vermont.
The fidget toy Pop It and Spyra Water Gun are other popular toys. The Pop It is especially popular in the southeast portion of the country, while Spyra Water Gun is popular in Hawaii.
Today’s Top Stories
- Sugar House locals worry 2100 South poses threat to safety and business
- Staff member at school in southern Utah arrested for alleged sexual abuse
- Confrontation with bicyclist sends UTA bus driver to hospital
- 21-year-old woman killed in Provo hit-and-run
- Former American Fork soccer coach arrested on charges of child sexual abuse
- Is forcing the homeless into treatment the answer?
- Fire in West Valley City home contained to one room in basement
- Suspect in I-15 shooting named, booked into jail
- Salt Lake City Police Department hosts holiday Pay-it-Forward event
- Bingham High students build intricate gingerbread cathedral