BYU men’s basketball will sit out the dance, but not the NIT
Provo, Utah – The 2022 BYU men’s basketball team was left out of the 2022 Men’s NCAA Tournament field on Sunday, despite being ranked as high as 12th in the nation during their regular season.
It will be the first year that the BYU men miss the annual NCAA tournament since 2019.
However, as KSL.com reported, the Cougars are the number 2 seed in the NIT with play beginning Wednesday night.
LET’S GO TO WORK!! pic.twitter.com/HpqhMtbQTh
— BYU Men’s Basketball (@BYUMBB) March 14, 2022
Please find much more information in this story from BYU Insider, Mitch Harper, host of the Cougar Tracks Podcast.
- Free screenings of “His Name is Green Flake” at BYU celebrate Black History Month
- Coach Mark Pope looks ahead to NCAA tournament like no other
- Police: Fire at BYU dorm caused by student making rocket fuel
- BYU researchers introduce drought-resistant quinoa as nations face food challenges
Today’s Top Stories
- Salt Lake City Police cancel Amber alert for 11-year-old girl
- Update: Idaho Amber Alert canceled, children found safe
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints reacts to Roe v. Wade
- Temporary stay issued for Utah’s trigger law
- Supreme Court sides with coach who sought to pray after game
- Elizabeth Smart says she was sexually assaulted on a plane
- Semi-truck transporting over 200 beehives rolls over on I-80
- 7-year-old boy in Layton critically injured after being hit by a car
- Kearns woman killed in a two-vehicle accident in Idaho
- January 6 committee unexpectedly adds new hearing for Tuesday