BYU, Utah women headed to NCAA basketball’s big dance
PROVO, Utah — The BYU women’s basketball team finished their season with a 26-3 record, and earned an at-large bid to the 2022 Women’s NCAA tournament on Sunday.
They’re the 6th seed in the Wichita Region, and will face off against Villanova (11th seed) in Ann Arbor Michigan.
𝗕𝗿𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗼𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝙢𝙖𝙙𝙣𝙚𝙨𝙨 pic.twitter.com/CMIzHyGCh9
— BYU Women’s Hoops (@byuwbb) March 14, 2022
Our news partners at KSL Sports have the complete story here.
Utah women earn 7-seed
Meanwhile a little north of the Marriott Center, the University of Utah women’s basketball team got their invitation to the dance. They earned a 7-seed and will participate in the Spokane Region, beginning with 10-seed Arkansas on Friday.
Sunday’s announcement marks the first time since 2011 that the University of Utah Utah women’s basketball team competes in the NCAA tournament.
A GREAT DAY TO BE A UTE! 🙌 pic.twitter.com/F0jhkBY24e
— Utah Women’s Basketball (@UTAHWBB) March 14, 2022
Much more at this webpage of our news partners at KSL Sports.
Today’s Top Stories
- Salt Lake City Police cancel Amber alert for 11-year-old girl
- Update: Idaho Amber Alert canceled, children found safe
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints reacts to Roe v. Wade
- Supreme Court sides with coach who sought to pray after game
- Judge schedules emergency hearing re: Utah abortion trigger law
- Elizabeth Smart says she was sexually assaulted on a plane
- 7-year-old boy in Layton critically injured after being hit by a car
- January 6 committee unexpectedly adds new hearing for Tuesday
- Kearns woman killed in a two-vehicle accident in Idaho
- The newest, weirdest summer treat is a ketchup-flavored popsicle