Salt Lake City launches survey for new Glendale park
SALT LAKE CITY — Salt Lake City Public Lands launched a public survey about a new regional park in Glendale. The park is planned for the site where the Raging Waters/Seven Peaks water park used to stand.
The Public Lands Department said it is working with planners at Design Workshop to turn the site into an outdoor recreation area for the Glendale community. Planners will help create a space featuring the nearby Jordan River and its trails, as well as offer more activities
The department said its team is working to create a “community-supported vision” to show the area’s diversity and heritage. The planning team has worked with neighborhood residents, project stakeholders, and nearby elementary schools since fall 2021 to achieve that vision.
The department said the survey will open on March 16 and end on April 16. The public survey will gather input from the community about what they want the park to include. The survey is available online in English and Spanish,
There will also be an in-person event on March 16 from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. It will be at Mountain View Community Learning Center at 1388 Navajo Street. The event is open for neighborhood residents to attend. Members of the planning team and Glendale Neighborhood Council will hear input from the community on what outdoor amenities should be included.
The department said the project team would use input from the survey and in-person event to create a vision plan. The team will also use data from other studies and assessments to create the plan.
The team will present the vision plan to the public and City Council this summer.
Demolition of the water park’s old equipment is still underway. But the department said Phase 1 improvements could be completed as early as Spring 2024.
Today’s Top Stories
- Parts of I-15 closed in Davis County following police chase
- Utah County man pleads guilty to death of West Jordan teenager
- Be Ready Utah: What you need in your emergency winter car kit
- Genealogy research now tax deductible for members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Bingham High students build intricate gingerbread cathedral
- Church announces locations for six previously announced temples
- Vail Resorts facing million dollar lawsuit after a Utah bowling alley incident
- The DWR to update management of black bears
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- Oath Keepers boss guilty of seditious conspiracy in 1/6 case