California murder suspect taken into custody in Cedar City
CEDAR CITY, Utah — A suspect wanted for questioning in connection to a homicide in Van Nuys, California last month, was taken into custody Wednesday in Cedar City by the FBI and Cedar City law enforcement.
Police say that Jovani Ivan Ruvalcaba, 19, of California, was taken into custody at a residence in the area of 900 South 25 East in Cedar City on a federal warrant for Unlawful Flight to Avoid Prosecution.
Authorities used a distraction device, also referred to as a flash-bang. Once the distraction device was deployed, authorities gave instructions. Ruvalcaba came out of the residence and was arrested without incident.
Authorities had been looking for Ruvalcaba since Feb. 11.
- West Valley police investigating ATM robbery, FBI called in
- Cedar City shooting suspect injured and in custody
Today’s Top Stories
- At Alpine school board meeting, Natalie Cline claims district allows porn in classrooms
- Utah Transit Authority closes Ballpark Station due to debris on tracks
- Are You Looking for an Inexpensive Family-Friendly Trip? Box Elder County Has You Covered…
- The Queen Center
- The peak of the Geminid meteor shower is tonight
- 21-year-old man sentenced for multiple sex crimes
- Controversial homecoming dress code ends in protest
- Automatic emergency braking should only be used as a last resort
- BYU engineering students put ‘world’s smallest Book of Mormon’ on 4 inch disc
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors