California murder suspect taken into custody in Cedar City
CEDAR CITY, Utah — A suspect wanted for questioning in connection to a homicide in Van Nuys, California last month, was taken into custody Wednesday in Cedar City by the FBI and Cedar City law enforcement.
Police say that Jovani Ivan Ruvalcaba, 19, of California, was taken into custody at a residence in the area of 900 South 25 East in Cedar City on a federal warrant for Unlawful Flight to Avoid Prosecution.
Authorities used a distraction device, also referred to as a flash-bang. Once the distraction device was deployed, authorities gave instructions. Ruvalcaba came out of the residence and was arrested without incident.
Authorities had been looking for Ruvalcaba since Feb. 11.
- West Valley police investigating ATM robbery, FBI called in
- Cedar City shooting suspect injured and in custody
Today’s Top Stories
- US military has shot down the Chinese spy balloon off US East Coast, US official says
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- AirMed responding to tubing accident in Peter Sinks, Logan
- Elk herd again on the move near Foothill Drive and Parley’s Canyon
- Man wanted for leaving a dead fish at ‘The Goonies’ house saved by Coast Guard…
- Utah County men facing charges for defrauding the United States
- Intermountain’s 40-year study provides insight into weight-loss surgery
- UHP arrests man suspected of trafficking New England teen
- Don’t put dogs in truck beds, Utah Humane Society says
- A Utah lawmaker and her sister at odds: Should rape victims need to contact police before…