14-year-old suspect in Riverton Amber Alert could face charges
RIVERTON, Utah — A 14-year-old girl could face charges after sparking last night’s Amber Alert.
The girl has been booked in juvenile detention on charges of kidnapping and car theft after taking her 7-year-old sister to a park without permission on April 10.Riverton Police say charges are pending with the District Attorney’s Office to see if they will pursue. The 7-year-old sister the suspect took is in good health and back home with family.
Today’s Top Stories
- Police say Herriman woman tried to bribe an officer
- Black bear captured in Morgan County
- Fire sets off a propane explosion in Pleasant Grove
- Man found dead from self-inflicted wound following SWAT situation
- California churchgoers detained gunman in deadly attack
- Be over the moon because total lunar eclipse coming Sunday to Utah
- Dog thrown out of car taken in by South Salt Lake Animal Services
- iPhone sale gone wrong results in the arrest of a Salt Lake City man
- A notorius ice skating hitman finds redemption through his sister’s eyes
- Abbott says agreement reached to reopen baby formula plant