14-year-old suspect in Riverton Amber Alert could face charges
RIVERTON, Utah — A 14-year-old girl could face charges after sparking last night’s Amber Alert.
The girl has been booked in juvenile detention on charges of kidnapping and car theft after taking her 7-year-old sister to a park without permission on April 10.Riverton Police say charges are pending with the District Attorney’s Office to see if they will pursue. The 7-year-old sister the suspect took is in good health and back home with family.
Today’s Top Stories
- One person killed in wrong-way head-on collision on I-15 near Beck Street
- Bill would allow individuals to become teachers without a bachelor’s degree
- Salt Lake City police investigating shooting, one person hurt
- Two employees found unconscious at Northrop Grumman, died later at hospital
- Opinion: Is sportsmanship dead in high school basketball?
- Davis County officials charge suspect in Layton Amber Alert
- Four elk killed as herd gets too close to I-215 and I-80
- Correctional officer assaulted at Utah State Correctional Facility
- Bill to set target water level for the Great Salt Lake dries up
- Elk, again, tried to cross roads near I-215/I-80 interchange in SLC