Police chase ends with non-fatal crash
SALT LAKE CITY — Police received reports of three suspicious individuals in a stolen car in South Salt Lake on Wednesday. When police arrived, the driver noticed and sped away which led to a police chase.
After speeding away from police, the driver almost immediately struck a vehicle near 900 East.
The car spun out of control, injuring two of the three suspects. The suspect vehicle then regained control and entered the Rancho Market parking lot.
Police continued to follow through the parking lot and onto 3300 South headed westbound.
The suspect vehicle ran a red light which led to a second crash with three more vehicles. After this, two suspects ran on foot while the third stayed in the crashed vehicle.
Police reported that the car was stolen and the occupants were all using meth. All three suspects are in custody but their identities have not been released at this time.
Today’s Top Stories
- Police say Herriman woman tried to bribe an officer
- Black bear captured in Morgan County
- Fire sets off a propane explosion in Pleasant Grove
- California churchgoers detained gunman in deadly attack
- Be over the moon because total lunar eclipse coming Sunday to Utah
- iPhone sale gone wrong results in the arrest of a Salt Lake City man
- Dog thrown out of car taken in by South Salt Lake Animal Services
- A notorius ice skating hitman finds redemption through his sister’s eyes
- Dixie releases new logos ahead of official rebrand
- UPDATED: Suspect arrested in Salt Lake City fatal stabbing