Man charged for running over his wife at SLC airport
The Salt Lake County District Attorney charged 38-year-old Shawn Sturgeon with manslaughter, criminal homicide, and domestic violence in front of a child.
Witness statements and video show Sturgeon yelling at his wife before he hit her with his car on April 4 at 615 N. Park Plaza, which is a parking garage at the Salt Lake International Airport.
Charging documents claim that Shawn Sturgeon had a blood alcohol level of .05 at the time of the incident.
When the Salt Lake City Police Department arrived on the scene, they found 29-year-old Charlotte Sturgeon with critical injuries. She later died from those injuries.
An initial investigation found that the couple had just arrived home from a vacation. Sturgeon reportedly placed his wife into the car and drove the vehicle from the garage to the airport parking payment booths where he asked for help.
Sturgeon was later booked into the Salt Lake County Metro Jail.
Today’s Top Stories
- GoFundMe created for passing of two employees at Northrop Grumman
- US military has shot down the Chinese spy balloon off US East Coast, US official says
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- Backcountry skier dead after fatal fall in Little Cottonwood Canyon
- AirMed responds to tubing accident in Peter Sinks, Logan
- Bill permitting pregnant people to use HOV lane passes House
- Utah County men facing charges for defrauding the United States
- More than 3,400 dead as powerful quake hits southern Turkey and Syria
- Two employees found unconscious at Northrop Grumman, died later at hospital
- 2 arrested in central California shooting that left 6 dead, including mother clutching…