Man charged for running over his wife at SLC airport
The Salt Lake County District Attorney charged 38-year-old Shawn Sturgeon with manslaughter, criminal homicide, and domestic violence in front of a child.
Witness statements and video show Sturgeon yelling at his wife before he hit her with his car on April 4 at 615 N. Park Plaza, which is a parking garage at the Salt Lake International Airport.
Charging documents claim that Shawn Sturgeon had a blood alcohol level of .05 at the time of the incident.
When the Salt Lake City Police Department arrived on the scene, they found 29-year-old Charlotte Sturgeon with critical injuries. She later died from those injuries.
An initial investigation found that the couple had just arrived home from a vacation. Sturgeon reportedly placed his wife into the car and drove the vehicle from the garage to the airport parking payment booths where he asked for help.
Sturgeon was later booked into the Salt Lake County Metro Jail.
Today’s Top Stories
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints reacts to Roe v. Wade
- Roe V. Wade overturned by Supreme Court
- Utah leaders react to Supreme Court decision to overturn Roe v. Wade
- Victim in Box Elder County worksite accident is identified
- Biden calls abortion ruling ‘a sad day’ for country
- Provo Police Department asking for help solving a 2020 cold case
- Congress sends landmark gun violence compromise to Biden
- You’ll love spending the day at Bear Lake | How to spend a day at Bear Lake
- Sandy man identified as individual killed in Nevada car crash
- After NY law is struck down, two Utah experts sound off on gun rights