Semi rollover on I-80 in Summit County closes freeway in both directions
UPDATE: 8:53 p.m.
According to UDOT, westbound I-80 is closed at milepost 155 in Wanship/SR-32.
All lanes of eastbound I-80 are now open.
UPDATE: 7:14 p.m.
A shelter inside guidance for residents of Tollgate have been lifted. The shelter inside notice had been issued due to a hazmat spill, according to officials with Summit County.
Summit County officials also say that the eastbound lanes of I-80 could be reopened at almost any time. County officials also say the westbound lanes of I-80 will be closed for at least another three hours.
Our previous reporting
SUMMIT COUNTY, Utah — A semi rollover Tuesday afternoon on I-80 in Summit County closed the freeway in both directions, the Utah Highway Patrol said.
According to the UHP, the crash occurred on westbound I-80 near milepost 150. The accident occurred in Silver Creek Canyon near the Tollgate exit.
Crews have responded to cleanup a hazmat spill. The UHP is uncertain how long the highway will be closed. But says motorists should consider alternate routes.
A semi rollover in Summit County has the freeway closed in both directions. The crash occurred on I-80 westbound near milepost 150. Crews have responded to contain a hazmat spill. It is currently unknown how long this closure will be. Plan alternate routes. pic.twitter.com/xMDWqHuW4p
— Utah Highway Patrol (@UTHighwayPatrol) April 19, 2022
The KSL NewsRadio Traffic Center says westbound I-80 is closed two miles west of Wanship (milepost 153). Eastbound I-80 remains closed at US-40 Jct.
— Rikki Meece (@KSLRikki) April 19, 2022
More information will be provided when it becomes available.
- I-80 closed after semi-truck rollover on eastbound highway in Tooele
- One man killed in rollover accident on I-80 near Wendover
Today’s Top Stories
- Elk, again, tried to cross roads near I-215/I-80 interchange in SLC
- One person killed in wrong-way head-on collision on I-15 near Beck Street
- Two employees found unconscious at Northrop Grumman, died later at hospital
- Correctional officer assaulted at Utah State Correctional Facility
- Opinion: Is sportsmanship dead in high school basketball?
- Suspect in Layton Amber Alert charged
- Missing radioactive capsule from Rio Tinto mine found on Australian road
- Suspect arrested and named, victim identified after shooting in Taylorsville
- Alpine schools investigating “suspicious” computer activity
- Fed approves small rate hike, nodding to improved inflation outlook