Police identify child killed by postal service truck
SANDY, Utah — Sandy police have identified the child killed when she was hit by a USPS truck on Tuesday.
Five-year-old Kate Peterson was in a residential area of Sandy when the accident happened on 93rd South and Blossomwood Circle, near 2300 East.
Follow-up to fatal auto-ped accident 5/3/22: The accident resulted in the death of 5 yr old Kate Peterson after being struck by a USPS truck driven by Steven Baldwin. Baldwin has been cooperative with the investigation. Our heart goes out to all involved with this tragic incident
— Sandy Police (@Sandy_Police) May 4, 2022
Police describe the location as a residential area. The accident did not happen in a crosswalk or on a busy street.
The driver was identified as Steven Baldwin, who police say has been cooperative in their investigation.
- Hit and run kills woman, injures child in Salt Lake City; suspect in custody
- Utah leaders react to leaked SCOTUS draft on abortion law
- UPDATE: Driver in crash that killed two children in Eagle Mountain identified
Today’s Top Stories
- Morning storms impact school schedules
- 21-year-old woman killed in Provo hit-and-run
- Sugar House locals worry 2100 South poses threat to safety and business
- Confrontation with bicyclist sends UTA bus driver to hospital
- Moscow police say 6th person on lease isn’t involved in Idaho homicides
- Suspect in I-15 shooting named, booked into jail
- Former American Fork soccer coach arrested on charges of child sexual abuse
- Back-to-back winter storms bring heavy snow, critical fire conditions to the West
- SuperAgers — who are they, are you one, and can you become one?
- Fiercely self-sufficient Hell’s Backbone cafe owners turn to public for help