Police identify child killed by postal service truck
SANDY, Utah — Sandy police have identified the child killed when she was hit by a USPS truck on Tuesday.
Five-year-old Kate Peterson was in a residential area of Sandy when the accident happened on 93rd South and Blossomwood Circle, near 2300 East.
Follow-up to fatal auto-ped accident 5/3/22: The accident resulted in the death of 5 yr old Kate Peterson after being struck by a USPS truck driven by Steven Baldwin. Baldwin has been cooperative with the investigation. Our heart goes out to all involved with this tragic incident
— Sandy Police (@Sandy_Police) May 4, 2022
Police describe the location as a residential area. The accident did not happen in a crosswalk or on a busy street.
The driver was identified as Steven Baldwin, who police say has been cooperative in their investigation.
- Hit and run kills woman, injures child in Salt Lake City; suspect in custody
- Utah leaders react to leaked SCOTUS draft on abortion law
- UPDATE: Driver in crash that killed two children in Eagle Mountain identified
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Additional sex charges filed against Utah businessman; more victims possible
- Utah company with ties to polygamous group cited for violating child labor laws
- Meteorologist says only a couple more weeks of snow and rain
- Arrest made after fatal Logan Canyon crash
- Elk herd returns to SLC golf course after multiple relocation attempts
- The search for the caller behind Utah’s 13 school hoaxes
- Hear it Firsthand: 6 Students Share Their Executive MBA Experience at BYU’s Marriott School…
- Where to get your free sandbags to help mitigate flooding
- Utah’s online marriage licensing gets attention all over the world
- Family of motorcycle crash victim say they were traumatized by video posted to Facebook