Part of westbound I-80 closed due to a semi rollover
PARK CITY, Utah — A portion of westbound I-80 was closed early Thursday evening due to a semi rollover near milepost 148.
According to the Utah Highway Patrol, the semi rolled over on the driver’s side. There were two people in the semi at the time of accident. The passenger was unharmed. However, the driver was listed in serious to critical to serious condition and was transported by air to an area hospital.
The semi was hauling fencing.
The UHP says the highway will reopen one lane at a time. All lanes should be opened later Thursday evening.
More details on this crash will be provided as they become available.
- I-80 open after eight-hour closure due to Parley’s Fire
- I-80 closed after semi-truck rollover on eastbound highway in Tooele
Today’s Top Stories
- Two employees found unconscious at Northrop Grumman, died later at hospital
- When it’s this cold, keep your pipes from freezing. Here’s how.
- Monday morning’s cold temperatures nearly set new records
- Police investigating fatal auto-pedestrian crash in Salt Lake City
- Suspect still at large after double homicide in Taylorsville
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- South Jordan could see new housing development
- Cold weather causes late start for Logan City School District Wednesday
- The road home is in need of donations and volunteers this winter
- Governor Spencer Cox signs transgender bill, releases statement