Six juveniles in custody following alleged carjacking, highspeed chase
MURRAY, Utah — Six juvenile males were taken into custody by police following alleged string of violent crimes Thursday night.
According to a press release from the Murray Police Department, the series of events began with a carjacking in West Valley City. Two individuals were walking in the area of 4100 West 3800 South when they were robbed at gun point. According to authorities, the suspects took the vehicle of the victims and fled the scene. However, the victims, according to police, later found their car at another location in West Valley City and followed the suspects into Murray.
In attempt to get their vehicle back, the victims blocked the suspects in with another vehicle. However, the suspects backed into the that vehicle and fled onto Winchester Street at a high rate of speed.
One of the victims, in an effort to retrieve the car, grabbed onto the car.
“The individual proceeded to hang onto the vehicle and as it was in motion the occupants assaulted him,” the press release said.
The car then turned onto 725 East and as it slowed, according to police, the victim fell off the car and was dragged a short distance. The suspects again fled the scene at a high rate of speed.
A short time later, Unified Police in Millcreek said they were in pursuit of a vehicle at roughly 3500 South 700 East. Police say the pursuit went through several jurisdictions before it ended in Murray. The pursuit ended when the suspects crashed into one of the pursuing police vehicles.
The investigation is ongoing.
Today’s Top Stories
- UPDATE: Shooting on TRAX platform leaves one dead, one injured
- Several people killed in Copenhagen mall shooting, police say
- UPDATE: SLCPD investigating party shooting that left one in critical condition
- ‘Jingle Bells’ was originally written as a Thanksgiving song
- Update: Vehicle crashes into Famous Footwear, leaving four injured
- Man dies during performance at Battle Creek Field of Flight Air Show
- Layton City is under extreme firework restrictions
- Fourth of July weekend weather conditions ripe for fires
- Semi-truck rolls on I-80 at U.S.-40, Silver Creek Junction
- Utah wildfires currently burning within the state