Police investigating high speed chase that led them through Davis and Weber Counties
DAVIS COUNTY, Utah — Police are still looking for a man they said led police on a high-speed chase through Davis and Weber Counties. The chase started near Station Park in Farmington. Utah Highway Patrol, UHP, attempted to pull over a white sedan, but the vehicle fled.
Speeds of the white sedan reached 100 mph. The chase was led off the freeway into Weber County.
“Up in South Weber, he [the driver] tried to ram a deputy that was on the shoulder,” said UHP Davis County Trooper Joseph Citta. Citta was the trooper who initially attempted to pull the sedan over.
Citta said the driver continued into South Ogden and attempted to ram into a second officer.
“At that point, Weber County officers, local and deputies ended up chasing him until they crashed,” Citta said.
The driver also hit a civilian’s car, but there were no injuries.
Layton Police Department attempted to spike the white sedan but spiked a Kaysville officer’s vehicle instead.
The chase ended with the white sedan crashing on 12th Street and 1900 W. in Marriott-Slaterville.
Pleasant View Police said it arrested two suspects who were in the vehicle and took them into custody. However, the driver fled on foot.
Lt. Stetson Talbot with Pleasant View Police said that no officers were injured in the pursuit.
Weber County is currently handling the investigation and the search for the driver, according to Trooper Citta.
The driver will be charged with evading police, attempted aggravated assault, and most likely other charges according to police.
This is a developing story and will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- Child found minutes after AMBER Alert issued, suspect still outstanding
- Here’s why some stop signs will be removed in Cottonwood Heights
- Men without college degrees leaving the workforce, according to new study
- After celebrity death to colon cancer, Utah doctor weighs in on colonoscopy
- West Jordan Elementary School is closing its gates after 40 years
- S.L. County D.A. declines to charge two officers in shooting, arrest
- How to to keep your poinsettias healthy this winter season
- Man arrested for alleged theft of large amount of diesel fuel
- Families of Hunter High shooting victims unhappy with plea deal
- Two-vehicle crash on westbound I-80 creates heavy delays