SLCPD and SWAT cooperate to arrest aggravated assault supect
SALT LAKE CITY – Police received calls about a fight at 11 p.m. at the River Rock apartment complex at 741 South 300 East.
When officers arrived, they located a 23-year-old man with injuries from the suspect. He had been slashed with a large knife, but didn’t require any medical attention.
The suspect, Dallan Bandy, locked himself in an apartment unit and refused to come out despite requests from officers.
On-site officers requested assistance from SLCPD SWAT and crisis negotiators. Not long after, officers obtained a court-authorized search warrant for the apartment unit.
Just before 3 a.m., SWAT breached the apartment and continued attempting to communicate with Bandy. After continuously refusing to comply with officers, Bandy was arrested. He will be booked into the Salt Lake County Metro Jail on a charge of aggravated assault.
Today’s Top Stories
- Semifinalists for the new Utah flag design unveiled
- First grade teacher in Magna arrested on felony child sexual abuse charges
- Two-vehicle crash involving a semi closes Highway 138 on Friday
- New fire breaks out on Y Mountain in Provo
- BYU student and youngest-ever Survivor contestant says he’s confident he will win
- Be on lookout for suspicious vehicle in Nephi
- Former U.S. Attorney for Utah talks about what FBI can take off your cellphone
- Motorhome crash in Box Elder County claims the life of one person
- Time Out on the Field
- BYU premieres documentary ‘The Black 14: Healing Hearts and Feeding Souls’