SLCPD and SWAT cooperate to arrest aggravated assault supect
SALT LAKE CITY – Police received calls about a fight at 11 p.m. at the River Rock apartment complex at 741 South 300 East.
When officers arrived, they located a 23-year-old man with injuries from the suspect. He had been slashed with a large knife, but didn’t require any medical attention.
The suspect, Dallan Bandy, locked himself in an apartment unit and refused to come out despite requests from officers.
On-site officers requested assistance from SLCPD SWAT and crisis negotiators. Not long after, officers obtained a court-authorized search warrant for the apartment unit.
Just before 3 a.m., SWAT breached the apartment and continued attempting to communicate with Bandy. After continuously refusing to comply with officers, Bandy was arrested. He will be booked into the Salt Lake County Metro Jail on a charge of aggravated assault.
Today’s Top Stories
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- Governor Spencer Cox signs transgender bill, releases statement
- Jordan High student killed in Sandy crosswalk by school bus
- Three vehicle crash in Sanpete County leaves one dead
- Two Republicans voted against bill banning transgender-related surgery, here’s why
- Utah leading a lawsuit against new ESG rule affecting 401(k) plans
- Utah Senate passes transgender-related surgery ban for minors
- SLC restaurant “Manoli’s” nominated for James Beard Award
- More protests today after release of video depicting the deadly police beating of Tyre Nichols
- Salt Lake City traffic stop leads to drug bust, illegal gun recovered