Software company lists Salt Lake City as a top city for remote work
SALT LAKE CITY — Utah’s capital city has been named a top-20 city for those who work remotely. That’s the word from Teamwork, a project management software company that researched the best U.S. cities for remote work.
The company looked at the cost of living, average local monthly salary, and how many hours the sun shines per year to determine rankings.
With an average monthly salary in Salt Lake City at $4,672 and an average amount of sunshine hours per year at 3,030, Salt Lake came in 12th on Teamwork’s list.
The company also considered whether, internet availability and speed, and the cost of food in its ranking decision.
How has COVID affected remote work?
According to the Pew Research Center, among employed adults whose jobs can be done from home, 59% are working from home almost all, if not all the time. Comparatively, in 2020 this percentage was around 71%.
Furthermore, the Pew Research Center said that 61% of employed adults with a workplace outside their home are working from home all if not most of the time, by choice. Comparatively, in 2020 only 36% of individuals choose to work from home.
Today’s Top Stories
- 8-year-old girl in critical condition after getting injured at Kaysville parade
- Police have arrested a ‘person of interest’ after a mass shooting at July 4th…
- Deuel Creek Fire starts in Centerville overnight, evacuation order lifted
- UPDATE: Shooting on TRAX platform leaves one dead, one injured
- Fire officials say aerial firework caused brush fire in Saratoga Springs
- Interactive map shows where fireworks are off-limits in Utah
- New details in death of Alex Cox, suspect in the murders of missing Idaho children
- Tropical Storm Colin brings rain to Carolinas, weakens
- Fireworks and some open flames are now banned in Park City
- One person killed in three-vehicle accident in Kaysville