One person dead in reported murder-suicide in Springville, Utah
SPRINGVILLE, Utah — A 20-year-old male is dead, and a 17-year-old female is in the hospital following a reported murder-suicide. This happened at Hobble Creek Park in Springville on Wednesday afternoon. By Thursday afternoon, Springville police identified the female victim as Lily Conroy. They did not have an update on her medical condition.
On Wednesday, Springville Police said the two had been in a previous relationship. However, they had broken up prior to the incident. Police also say they had received information that there may be a “possible situation” between the two of them with the mention of a firearm.
Springville Police were on the lookout for the vehicle. During their search, police said the male reached out to his mother and told her he would be at Hobble Creek Park.
When police arrived at the park, they discovered one person deceased in a vehicle and took another individual to the hospital with a gunshot wound. Springville Police confirmed the male was deceased at the scene, while the female was transported by air to an area hospital. Her condition is not known.
“Our hearts for all agencies involved, go to the family of both victims in the situation,” said Lt. Warren Foster of the Springville Police Department to KSL. “As well as all the students who will be affected by this. We do feel for all of them involved.”
Police say there is no risk to the public following the reported murder-suicide incident. According to police, the incident was confined to the park.
Police said the incident happened at about 3:30 p.m. With assistance from the Utah County Sheriff’s Office, the investigation is ongoing.
If you or someone you know are experiencing trouble linked to domestic violence, the following resources are available to you.
Utah Domestic Violence LINKLine
If LINKLine advocates are experiencing an increased call volume, calls will be forwarded to the National Domestic Violence Hotline.
National Domestic Violence Hotline
StrongHearts Native Helpline
- Police searching for motive behind alleged double murder-suicide in Millcreek
- Murder suicide in Taylorsville
Today’s Top Stories
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- UDOT warns winter storm bringing roadway impacts
- UPDATE: Southbound I-15 lanes in Washington County reopen following closure
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success
- Construction begins on Midway ice castles one icicle at a time
- One person flees I-15 crash in Murray
- Iran calls for US to be kicked out of 2022 World Cup after it changes Iran flag on social…
- Boeing’s 737 Max gets approval to fly passengers again
- Hundreds camp out in downtown Salt Lake City for the Days of ’47 Parade
- Hope In Darkness – Ep. 11 – Full Transcript