Memorial Day travel: expect delays
Wasatch Front highway hot spots
- Southbound I-15 in Salt Lake County: up to 10-minute delays on Friday, May 27, from 2-5 p.m.
- Southbound I-15 near Nephi: up to 15-minute delays on Friday, May 27, from 2-6 p.m.
- Northbound I-15 in Davis County: up to 15-minute delays on Friday, May 27, from 1-7 p.m.
- Northbound I-15 near Nephi: up to 20-minute delays on Monday, May 30, from 2-7 p.m.
- Westbound US-6 in Spanish Fork Canyon: up to 30-minute delays on Monday, May 30, from 2-7 p.m.
Construction projects will be widely suspended throughout the weekend. To minimize delays, UDOT plans to open all lanes to traffic. Where needed, safeguards and restrictions in work zones will continue.
Where to expect construction conditions
Construction conditions include traffic restrictions, reduced speeds, uneven pavement, and narrow or shifting lanes.
- US-40 north of Heber City: Eastbound US-40 is reduced to one lane north of Heber City near Jordanelle Reservoir. Drivers should expect heavy truck traffic and travel delays, especially Friday afternoon.
- I-84 near Morgan: I-84 is reduced to one lane in each direction between Morgan; exit 306 and Henefer; exit 112. These restrictions are in effect 24-hours a day. Crews are completing pavement and bridge maintenance in the area.
- I-80 and I-215 in eastern Salt Lake County: Lanes are shifted on I-80 between 1300 East and 2300 East, and on I-215 between 3300 South and 4500 South. In addition, the southbound I-215 off-ramp at 3900 South is closed through mid-June.
- I-70 near the I-15 interchange: I-70 is reduced to one lane in each direction between the Cove Fort exit and I-15. Crews are replacing the driving surface and barrier walls on the I-70 bridge over I-15 through fall.
For the latest information on traffic restrictions during construction, visit udottraffic.utah.gov.
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah Transit Authority closes Ballpark Station due to debris on tracks
- At Alpine school board meeting, Natalie Cline claims district allows porn in classrooms
- 21-year-old man sentenced for multiple sex crimes
- BYU engineering students put ‘world’s smallest Book of Mormon’ on 4 inch disc
- The Queen Center
- Eviction filings on the rise in Utah, compared to this time last year
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- Automatic emergency braking should only be used as a last resort
- Stay Home
- Annual Golden Key Awards presented to local businesses