Closure of EB I-84 extended after semi rollover, crash
MORGAN CITY, Utah — I-84 in Morgan County was shut down just after 5:15 a.m. on Thursday when a semi-truck rolled onto the left barrier of the highway. The accident happened halfway between Morgan City and Croyden, Utah.
A semi rollover in Morgan County has eastbound I-84 closed near milepost 107. Minor injuries are being reported. Eastbound traffic will remain closed for approximately 2 hours while crews work to remove the overturned truck from the construction zone. pic.twitter.com/CgZnYBmFEI
— Utah Highway Patrol (@UTHighwayPatrol) May 26, 2022
“The rollover happened at milepost 107 in the construction zone blocking all traffic,” said Utah Highway Patrol Sgt. Cameron Roden.
All vehicles were forced to exit at Morgan and take SR-66 to Henefer in order to get back onto I-84 EB.
Sgt. Roden said the semi-driver had minor injuries and was transported to a local hospital. No hazardous materials were involved in the crash, but potatoes the truck was hauling were spilled across the road, the UHP said.
UDOT said it is using snow plows as “potato plows” to push all the potatoes off the roadway. Officials expect to have EB I-84 reopened around 3:00 p.m. Thursday afternoon.
Crash on EB I-84 in the construction zone has CLOSED the roadway halfway between Morgan and Croyden. Delays are building. pic.twitter.com/cL0MHTZLOm
— Heather Kelly (@KSLHeatherKelly) May 26, 2022
Today’s Top Stories
- After celebrity death to colon cancer, Utah doctor weighs in on colonoscopy
- Two Utah experts talk about prisoner swap for WNBA player Brittney Griner
- Sinema leaving the Democratic Party and registering as an independent
- Update: Some I-15 lanes reopen after hazmat spill in Bluffdale
- Families of Hunter High shooting victims unhappy with plea deal
- DWR and UDOT introducing new app Utah Roadkill Reporter
- Downtown Ogden expansion project begins finalizing plans
- Provo Police looking for information about two cars in deadly hit-and-run
- West Jordan Elementary School is closing its gates after 40 years
- Sundance Film Festival is seeking volunteers for 2023 event