Closure of EB I-84 extended after semi rollover, crash
MORGAN CITY, Utah — I-84 in Morgan County was shut down just after 5:15 a.m. on Thursday when a semi-truck rolled onto the left barrier of the highway. The accident happened halfway between Morgan City and Croyden, Utah.
A semi rollover in Morgan County has eastbound I-84 closed near milepost 107. Minor injuries are being reported. Eastbound traffic will remain closed for approximately 2 hours while crews work to remove the overturned truck from the construction zone. pic.twitter.com/CgZnYBmFEI
— Utah Highway Patrol (@UTHighwayPatrol) May 26, 2022
“The rollover happened at milepost 107 in the construction zone blocking all traffic,” said Utah Highway Patrol Sgt. Cameron Roden.
All vehicles were forced to exit at Morgan and take SR-66 to Henefer in order to get back onto I-84 EB.
Sgt. Roden said the semi-driver had minor injuries and was transported to a local hospital. No hazardous materials were involved in the crash, but potatoes the truck was hauling were spilled across the road, the UHP said.
UDOT said it is using snow plows as “potato plows” to push all the potatoes off the roadway. Officials expect to have EB I-84 reopened around 3:00 p.m. Thursday afternoon.
Crash on EB I-84 in the construction zone has CLOSED the roadway halfway between Morgan and Croyden. Delays are building. pic.twitter.com/cL0MHTZLOm
— Heather Kelly (@KSLHeatherKelly) May 26, 2022
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Gwyneth Paltrow ski crash trial begins in Park City, lawyer calls it “B.S.”
- UHP: Three people dead in two-vehicle crash in Kane County
- D2 gets to the bottom of the impending arrest of former President Trump
- Death penalty off the table for Lori Vallow Daybell
- Utah Flooding: How to prevent and mitigate the risk
- USU grad files lawsuit against university for racist caricature
- Home prices are down and so are the size of apartments
- Utah Rivers Council selling discounted rain barrels as effort toward water conservation
- 16-year-old dead, 2 other teens injured in fatal crash in Juab County
- Brighton hits a milestone with 700 inches of snow