Closure of EB I-84 extended after semi rollover, crash
MORGAN CITY, Utah — I-84 in Morgan County was shut down just after 5:15 a.m. on Thursday when a semi-truck rolled onto the left barrier of the highway. The accident happened halfway between Morgan City and Croyden, Utah.
A semi rollover in Morgan County has eastbound I-84 closed near milepost 107. Minor injuries are being reported. Eastbound traffic will remain closed for approximately 2 hours while crews work to remove the overturned truck from the construction zone. pic.twitter.com/CgZnYBmFEI
— Utah Highway Patrol (@UTHighwayPatrol) May 26, 2022
“The rollover happened at milepost 107 in the construction zone blocking all traffic,” said Utah Highway Patrol Sgt. Cameron Roden.
All vehicles were forced to exit at Morgan and take SR-66 to Henefer in order to get back onto I-84 EB.
Sgt. Roden said the semi-driver had minor injuries and was transported to a local hospital. No hazardous materials were involved in the crash, but potatoes the truck was hauling were spilled across the road, the UHP said.
UDOT said it is using snow plows as “potato plows” to push all the potatoes off the roadway. Officials expect to have EB I-84 reopened around 3:00 p.m. Thursday afternoon.
Crash on EB I-84 in the construction zone has CLOSED the roadway halfway between Morgan and Croyden. Delays are building. pic.twitter.com/cL0MHTZLOm
— Heather Kelly (@KSLHeatherKelly) May 26, 2022
Today’s Top Stories
- Salt Lake City Police cancel Amber alert for 11-year-old girl
- Update: Idaho Amber Alert canceled, children found safe
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints reacts to Roe v. Wade
- Temporary stay issued for Utah’s trigger law
- Supreme Court sides with coach who sought to pray after game
- Elizabeth Smart says she was sexually assaulted on a plane
- Semi-truck transporting over 200 beehives rolls over on I-80
- 7-year-old boy in Layton critically injured after being hit by a car
- Kearns woman killed in a two-vehicle accident in Idaho
- January 6 committee unexpectedly adds new hearing for Tuesday