UPDATE: SLCPD looking for two cars in connection to West Temple shooting investigation.
SALT LAKE CITY – UPDATE: Salt Lake City Police Department has identified the victim as 40-year-old Robert Barros.
Along with this, police are looking for two cars they believe to be associated with the shooting.
The first car is a silver Chevy Impala, which was driven by Barros before the shooting. They believe that Barros turned into the parking lot and parked at 1790 South West Temple. He was then shot and his car stolen. His car has Utah license plates with the number U036VH.
Police believe the second car to be a white, four-door Honda passenger car with dark tinted windows and occupied by at least two people. It arrived after Barros was parked. After shooting Barros, one individual left the Honda and drove south on West Temple.
Below is a picture of each car:
Vehicle 1- Barros’ Car. Photo courtesy of Salt Lake City Police Department.
Vehicle 2- Suspect’s car. Photo courtesy of Salt Lake City Police Department.
SLCPD will not be releasing any further information on this case.
ORIGINAL COVERAGE: At around 11:45 a.m., police responded to reports of a shooting at 1790 South West Temple. Officers located a man with a gunshot wound upon arrival.
The victim died on the scene despite life-saving measures taken by the first responders.
Officers say that it doesn’t appear to be a random shooting and they believe the victim was followed to the apartment complex.
We are investigating a deadly shooting at 1790 S West Temple.
We are requesting assistance from the community.
— Salt Lake City Police (@slcpd) May 29, 2022
Today’s Top Stories
- Man crashes into Ogden Taco Bell drive-thru window
- Crash on I-15 in Draper leaves one dead
- American Red Cross of Utah seeks volunteers in central Utah
- Clearfield Police identify victims in Wednesday’s double homicide
- One person dies on hike at Zion National Park, another hospitalized
- Vehicle collides with unoccupied building in Roy, no injuries
- First Presidency issues 2022 Christmas message
- Six new Latter-day Saint missions to launch in 2023
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- Trash can on fire at home in the Cottonwoods, safely extinguished