Teenage girl suffers serious injuries after being struck by vehicle
HURRICANE, Utah — A 17-year-old girl from southern Utah suffered serious injuries Tuesday evening after she was struck by a vehicle.
According to the Utah Highway Patrol, the girl was hit in the area of 200 W. State Street at 5:30 p.m. According to police, the victim was riding an e-scooter and rode into traffic without stopping.
She was hit by an SUV traveling eastbound.
Police said the victim hit the windshield of the SUV. She was transported to an area hospital with serious injuries. However, police say she is expected to survive.
The driver is cooperating with the investigation.
- One person killed in an auto-pedestrian collision in Spanish Fork
- Auto-related deaths spike nationally, Utah is no exception
Today’s Top Stories
- Lawsuit against Arches National Park after incident resulting in the death of a woman
- Kirstie Alley, ‘Cheers’ and ‘Veronica’s Closet’ star, dead at 71
- Utah Tech student dies after falling from fifth-story balcony
- Checking in on the status of full-day kindergarten in Utah
- Deadline for REAL ID-compliant license, ID card, extended to 2025
- How much will it take to save the Great Salt Lake?
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success
- Defense bill likely to include end to military Covid vaccine mandate, source says
- Three toys recalled in U.S. for excessive lead paint
- EU fines Google $1.7 billion for abusing online ads market