Teenage girl suffers serious injuries after being struck by vehicle
HURRICANE, Utah — A 17-year-old girl from southern Utah suffered serious injuries Tuesday evening after she was struck by a vehicle.
According to the Utah Highway Patrol, the girl was hit in the area of 200 W. State Street at 5:30 p.m. According to police, the victim was riding an e-scooter and rode into traffic without stopping.
She was hit by an SUV traveling eastbound.
Police said the victim hit the windshield of the SUV. She was transported to an area hospital with serious injuries. However, police say she is expected to survive.
The driver is cooperating with the investigation.
Today’s Top Stories
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints reacts to Roe v. Wade
- San Juan county crash leaves one dead, one injured
- You’ll love spending the day at Bear Lake | How to spend a day at Bear Lake
- Biden signs bipartisan gun safety bill into law: ‘God willing, it’s going to…
- Elizabeth Smart says she was sexually assaulted on a plane
- Utah leaders react to Supreme Court decision to overturn Roe v. Wade
- S.B. 174 now in effect in Utah with Supreme Court’s overturn of Roe v. Wade
- Flight instructor, student, die in crash of USU Aviation plane
- 5 Ways You’re Watering Your Lawn Wrong
- With Roe v. Wade now overturned, could same-sex marriage be next?