Two auto-pedestrian accidents in Salt Lake City Wednesday morning, one of them fatal
SALT LAKE CITY — One person is dead and another was injured following two auto-pedestrian accidents on Wednesday morning in Salt Lake City.
Utah Highway Patrol Sgt. Mercedez Barrett told KSL that a pedestrian was in the intersection of 700 West and 2100 South when they were hit by an eastbound SUV.
That person died from their injuries. Their name has not yet been released.
In another auto-pedestrian accident, a teenage girl was hit on the offramp of the westside belt route at 2100 North and I-215. She is reportedly in serious condition.
This story will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- Child found minutes after AMBER Alert issued, suspect still outstanding
- Here’s why some stop signs will be removed in Cottonwood Heights
- Man arrested for alleged theft of large amount of diesel fuel
- Pilot says Thursday’s DNR helicopter crash could have been worse
- Men without college degrees leaving the workforce, according to new study
- Families of Hunter High shooting victims unhappy with plea deal
- West Valley house fire leaves 80-year-old dead
- Cox announces full recommendations for fiscal year 2024 budget
- Update: Some I-15 lanes reopen after hazmat spill in Bluffdale
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]