CRIME, POLICE + COURTS
Wrong-way driver causes fatal crash
Jun 12, 2022, 12:31 PM | Updated: Dec 29, 2022, 11:31 am
(Derek Peterson, KSL TV)
SALT LAKE CITY – Police received reports of a wrong-way driver at around 1 a.m. near 3400 West SR-201.
The wrong-way vehicle, a silver Chevy Malibu, hit a gray Ford Ecosport head-on. The driver of the Malibu was not wearing a seatbelt and was pronounced dead on the scene. The driver of the Ecosport was transported to a local hospital with critical injuries.
An investigation is underway to determine if alcohol impairment was the cause of the wrong-way collision.
- Troopers respond to yet another wrong-way driver on I-80 in Utah
No one hurt by wrong way driver Monday in Davis County
- Dashcam video shows how UHP trooper stopped another wrong-way driver
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Drug Enforcement Administration warns of new substance appearing in Utah
- Tabernacle Choir at Temple Square will be joined by international singers this weekend
- Lawyers of man who lost lawsuit against Gwyneth Paltrow may try for new trial
- Meteorologist says only a couple more weeks of snow and rain
- Alta wins the race to 800 inches, more snow expected Friday afternoon
- Utah company with ties to polygamous group cited for violating child labor laws
- The search for the caller behind Utah’s 13 school hoaxes
- What lies behind lies? One polygraph expert shares his experience with them
- General Conference of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Church leaders travel the world ministering to all people