Wrong-way driver causes fatal crash
SALT LAKE CITY – Police received reports of a wrong-way driver at around 1 a.m. near 3400 West SR-201.
The wrong-way vehicle, a silver Chevy Malibu, hit a gray Ford Ecosport head-on. The driver of the Malibu was not wearing a seatbelt and was pronounced dead on the scene. The driver of the Ecosport was transported to a local hospital with critical injuries.
An investigation is underway to determine if alcohol impairment was the cause of the wrong-way collision.
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah Tech student dies after falling from fifth-story balcony
- After a cold November, Utah prepares for another storm
- Letters from surviving roommates read at church memorial service for slain University of…
- Avalanche at Snowbird caused by skier, no injuries
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- Bob McGrath, original ‘Sesame Street’ cast member, dead at 90
- Elon Musk speaks out on ‘Twitter Files’ release detailing platform’s inner…
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success
- ‘Sketched out’ University of Idaho students return to campus from break with…
- Bingham High students build intricate gingerbread cathedral