Two injured in Salt Lake party shooting
SALT LAKE CITY — Police responded to reports of shots fired at around 3 a.m. near 368 West 900 South. There was a large party at the address when officers arrived.
After the party was shut down and a crime scene was established, police started looking for victims and suspects. No victims were located. An officer spotted blood on the ground which was most likely a result of the shooting.
While officers were investigating the scene, they learned that two men, 29 and 30 years old, showed up at a local hospital with gun shot wounds. It was later revealed that these two men were at the party and drove to the hospital immediately after the shooting.
Both victims were shot in the leg, one in the ankle and the other in the calf. Police also located bullet holes in a car close to the crime scene.
Anyone with information on this case is asked to call 801-799-3000 and reference case number 22-110244.
This is a developing story and will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints reacts to Roe v. Wade
- San Juan county crash leaves one dead, one injured
- You’ll love spending the day at Bear Lake | How to spend a day at Bear Lake
- Biden signs bipartisan gun safety bill into law: ‘God willing, it’s going to…
- Elizabeth Smart says she was sexually assaulted on a plane
- Utah leaders react to Supreme Court decision to overturn Roe v. Wade
- S.B. 174 now in effect in Utah with Supreme Court’s overturn of Roe v. Wade
- Flight instructor, student, die in crash of USU Aviation plane
- 5 Ways You’re Watering Your Lawn Wrong
- With Roe v. Wade now overturned, could same-sex marriage be next?