One person killed, others injured after a shooting in Salt Lake City
SALT LAKE CITY — The Salt Lake City Police Department says one person died and three others were injured in a shooting at the Pebble Creek Apartments in the area of 1700 South Prospect Street Monday evening.
Police also say the condition of those injured range from serious to critical, and there are multiple crime scenes.
Salt Lake City shooting
According to police, they received several calls of a shooting just after 7 p.m. Police say one person had been shot several times inside an apartment. Efforts were made to save victim’s life, but police say the individual died at the scene.
Police say witnesses saw several people leave in a car on Redwood Road, following the shooting.
Authorities also say at least one weapon was found in the apartment complex. However, it’s not confirmed if it was used in the shooting.
According to police, the other crime scenes involved in this incident are at 1151 South Redwood and 60 South Redwood Road. Police say those scenes have been secured and will be processed by detectives and crime scene technicians.
This story will be updated.
At this point, we can confirm one person is dead. Three other people are at local hospitals in conditions ranging from serious to critical. There are multiple crime scenes. Detectives are responding. Anyone with info should call 801-799-3000. #slc #slcpd #saltlakecity pic.twitter.com/JlChgpLNWQ
— Salt Lake City Police (@slcpd) June 7, 2022
- West Valley shooting kills one, injures another
- Suspect in officer-involved shooting in Orem released from hospital, booked into jail
Today’s Top Stories
- Nations largest pig farm exposed, two face criminal charges
- Water levels indicate that Utah’s water conservation efforts are working
- Eviction filings on the rise in Utah, compared to this time last year
- At Alpine school board meeting, Natalie Cline claims district allows porn in classrooms
- Teen arrested, suspected of aggravated murder in Salt Lake City
- Crash involving RV leaves one dead
- Teen killed in Hurricane auto-pedestrian accident
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces
- Automatic emergency braking should only be used as a last resort
- Biden administration kicks off student loan debt forgiveness process