CRIME, POLICE + COURTS
Man arrested for allegedly threatening to shoot dog with AR-style rifle
BOX ELDER COUNTY, Utah — A 39-year-old Box Elder County man was arrested Wednesday for allegedly threatening to shoot a neighbor’s dog with an AR-style rifle.
According to Brigham City Police, Michael Nelson came out of his residence at 137 South 200 East on Tuesday and began shouting vulgarities at his neighbor. Police also say Nelson allegedly had an AR-style rifle in his possession as he told his neighbor he wanted to fight him.
Police say Nelson allegedly pointed the gun at the neighbor’s dog threatening to shoot it. The neighbor went back into his house and notified police.
According to police, the neighbor watched as Nelson pointed the rifle at his house and at vehicles passing by.
Once on scene, officers attempted to make contact with Nelson. However, he refused to talk with them, or come to the door. According to police, Nelson came out of the house two different times and went back inside, refusing to obey their commands.
Eventually, Nelson was taken into custody. He was booked into the Box Elder County Jail on suspicion of threat of terrorism, which is a second-degree felony. Additionally, he was also booked on suspicion of threatening to use a dangerous weapon, which is a Class A misdemeanor. He was also booked on suspicion of threat of violence and interference with an arresting officer, both Class B misdemeanors.
- Got surveillance video? Brigham City police need it after vandalism spree
- Update: Texas gunman warned online he was going to shoot up school
- Former Saratoga Springs police officer in custody after allegedly making threats
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Murray doctor charged with sexual exploitation of a minor
- The Salt Lake Temple renovation has a new completion date
- Woods Cross man charged for allegedly secretly recording others in bathroom
- KSL EXCLUSIVE: “It’s been a punch to the gut,” Woods Cross mom of boy…
- Median price of a home declines for first time in a decade, what it means for Utah
- Should the Bible be banned from school libraries?
- Man arrested for suspicion of arson in Orem house fire
- Mother tells of her escape from addiction and being homeless
- False threat near the TRAX Daybreak Parkway Station
- Creating a different framework for children’s success