Man arrested for allegedly threatening to shoot dog with AR-style rifle
BOX ELDER COUNTY, Utah — A 39-year-old Box Elder County man was arrested Wednesday for allegedly threatening to shoot a neighbor’s dog with an AR-style rifle.
According to Brigham City Police, Michael Nelson came out of his residence at 137 South 200 East on Tuesday and began shouting vulgarities at his neighbor. Police also say Nelson allegedly had an AR-style rifle in his possession as he told his neighbor he wanted to fight him.
Police say Nelson allegedly pointed the gun at the neighbor’s dog threatening to shoot it. The neighbor went back into his house and notified police.
According to police, the neighbor watched as Nelson pointed the rifle at his house and at vehicles passing by.
Once on scene, officers attempted to make contact with Nelson. However, he refused to talk with them, or come to the door. According to police, Nelson came out of the house two different times and went back inside, refusing to obey their commands.
Eventually, Nelson was taken into custody. He was booked into the Box Elder County Jail on suspicion of threat of terrorism, which is a second-degree felony. Additionally, he was also booked on suspicion of threatening to use a dangerous weapon, which is a Class A misdemeanor. He was also booked on suspicion of threat of violence and interference with an arresting officer, both Class B misdemeanors.
- Got surveillance video? Brigham City police need it after vandalism spree
- Update: Texas gunman warned online he was going to shoot up school
- Former Saratoga Springs police officer in custody after allegedly making threats
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah Tech student dies after falling from fifth-story balcony
- After a cold November, Utah prepares for another storm
- Avalanche at Snowbird caused by skier, no injuries
- ‘Sketched out’ University of Idaho students return to campus from break with…
- Lehi building placed on false lockdown after report of unconcealed gun
- BYU students win international award for video game
- Bingham High students build intricate gingerbread cathedral
- 21-year-old woman killed in Provo hit-and-run
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- Is forcing the homeless into treatment the answer?