San Juan county crash leaves one dead, one injured
SAN JUAN COUNTY, Utah – Police responded to reports of a crash on SR-162 near Montezuma Creek at around 5 p.m. on Saturday.
One of the vehicles crossed the center line of the highway, causing the head-on collision. The reason for crossing the center line is unknown at this time.
The two vehicles involved were an unnamed sedan and a pickup truck. When responding officers arrived, the male driver of the passenger vehicle was declared dead on the scene.
The driver of the pickup truck was transported to a local hospital for treatment of minor injuries.
Today’s Top Stories
- Lockout lifted for Hunter High and Hunter Elementary Schools
- Home schools and micro-schooling defined under new Utah bill
- GoFundMe created for passing of two employees at Northrop Grumman
- Full-sized Target coming to former Dillard’s at Provo’s Towne Centre
- Biden to test run his reelection message in his first State of the Union to a divided Congress
- One dead after four-vehicles crash on U.S. Highway-40
- Utah snowpack at a 10-year-high
- Utah Corrections offers more details on recent assaults against officers
- Utah hasn’t had this much snowfall since 2011, according to NWS
- A weekend under the cosmic lights at Woodward Park City