Highland Drive open after closing for hours due to fatal crash involving Coke truck
Update 10:36 a.m. — Highland Drive between 4500 and 4600 South was reopened around 9:45 a.m. Tuesday morning.
Our previous coverage:
HOLLADAY, Utah — An early morning crash on Highland Drive resulted in the death of a 74-year-old woman at 4:40 a.m. Tuesday.
Unified Police said a Honda Accord driving south on Highland hit a Coca-Cola semi-truck that was pulling out of a parking lot near 4600 South. The car went completely under the semi, ripping off the top of the car and killing the driver.
Officers said the driver of the Coke semi-truck stayed on the scene and is cooperating with authorities.
The identity of the victim has not yet been released.
Highland Drive is expected to remain closed between 4500 and 4600 South until around 9:30 a.m.
It looks like a coca-cola delivery truck south of the 4500 Highland Drive intersection is blocking the entire roadway. That’s the reason for the closure of Highland Drive. pic.twitter.com/vCr66QGQ7q
— Heather Kelly (@KSLHeatherKelly) July 5, 2022
Today’s Top Stories
- US military has shot down the Chinese spy balloon off US East Coast, US official says
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- Backcountry skier dead after fatal fall in Little Cottonwood Canyon
- More than 1,500 dead as powerful quake hits southern Turkey and Syria
- Bill permitting pregnant people to use HOV lane passes House
- AirMed responds to tubing accident in Peter Sinks, Logan
- Utah County men facing charges for defrauding the United States
- 2 arrested in central California shooting that left 6 dead, including mother clutching…
- Elk herd again on the move near Foothill Drive and Parley’s Canyon
- UHP arrests man suspected of trafficking New England teen