UDOT to temporarily close Cottonwood Heights I-215 bridge for restoration
COTTONWOOD HEIGHTS, Utah — The Utah Department of Transportation said the restoration of an I-215 flyover bridge will begin next week. The UDOT advised that the restoration will lead to a two-week closure of the bridge.
The section of the bridge to be restored is the Union Park Avenue to westbound I-215 flyover bridge in Cottonwood Heights.
“This work restores the bridge to its original design life,” UDOT Resident Engineer Devin Weder said.
Closure of the bridge begins July 13 and should be completed by July 28, according to the UDOT.
Drivers were also advised that “Traffic will be detoured to Exit 6 – 6200 South via eastbound I-215 to access westbound lanes.”
Additionally, the UDOT might reduce traffic on eastbound I-215 to one lane during off-peak hours in order for crews to have access to the westbound lanes.
Over the two-week closure, crews will demolish two bridge joints and do work to replace pieces within the joints before rebuilding them.
More work outside of the closure will be done, but the UDOT said it would continue to communicate updates to the city and to drivers.
“This project is part of UDOT’s mission to be proactive in the preservation of the state’s critical transportation infrastructure,” the UDOT said.
More information on the bridge’s restoration can be found here.
Today’s Top Stories
- UPDATE: Meteor potentially causes boom that rattles Salt Lake Valley
- UPDATE: Family of missing Stanton Porter releases statement regarding his death
- How to have the best of both worlds for your house | Home security and curb appeal
- Three people charged after staged kidnapping for YouTube video, police say
- SLCPD activate OICI following the death of a suspect in police custody
- Some Capitol rioters try to profit from their Jan. 6 crimes
- American Fork Police take Walmart shooting suspect into custody
- Woman warns of being followed at local store, police say you should report it
- EB off ramp at 3300 S, I-15 closed after a car hit a pedestrian
- Children among dozens killed in Egypt church fire