Dump truck driver arrested on suspicion of DUI after crash on SR-201
MAGNA, Utah — A driver of a dump truck was taken into custody Thursday afternoon on suspicion of DUI following a collision on SR-201 near 7200 West.
According to the Utah Highway Patrol, the collision happened around 1:45 p.m. The UHP says the dump truck tried to cut off another vehicle, leading to the collision.
As a result, the dump truck overturned and spilled gravel all across the highway. Another vehicle suffered damage as a result of the spilled gravel, according to the UHP.
The UHP says there were no significant injuries from the crash, and no one was taken to the hospital.
The streets from 8000 West and 7200 West to SR-201 were closed due to the crash, according to the UHP.
The UHP says it took a couple of hours to get the gravel cleared off the highway.
— UDOT Traffic (@UDOTTRAFFIC) July 7, 2022
- Police chase involving DUI suspect among dozens of high-speed incidents during Easter weekend
- These Utah DUI laws could apply to driver in fatal hit-and-run
- Seven DUI arrests made during an impaired driving blitz in Utah County
- Utah Highway Patrol has stopped just under 97,000 cars so far in 2022
Today’s Top Stories
- Two employees found unconscious at Northrop Grumman, died later at hospital
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- Potential redesign of new Utah State Flag emphasizes Native American tribes
- 10 famous Utah ghost towns and where to find them
- Monday morning’s cold temperatures nearly set new records
- When it’s this cold, keep your pipes from freezing. Here’s how.
- Cold weather causes late start for Logan City School District Wednesday
- Used car prices dropping but supply still low
- The road home is in need of donations and volunteers this winter
- Governor Spencer Cox signs transgender bill, releases statement