Search for new university president at SUU trimmed to three candidates
CEDAR CITY, Utah — The Presidential Search Committee at Southern Utah University announced last week its finalists for the title of University President.
Mindy Benson, Mablene Krueger and Alan Utter have been selected as three finalists for the position.
According to SUU News, the three candidates will participate in a public forum on Wednesday from 1 to 4 p.m. SUU students and the general public are invited to participate in the event, either in person or virtually.
The three individuals will then interview with the Utah Board of Higher Education in a closed session on Friday.
The candidates for university president
- Mindy Benson – The current interim president of SUU. Previously, she served as the VP of Alumni and Community Relations for the university.
- Mablene Krueger – Currently serves in the role as Vice President of Strategic Planning and Partnerships for Roosevelt University in Chicago. She is the first in family to earn a college degree.
- Alan Utter – Serves as the Provost and Executive Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs for Arkansas State University. Has four degrees from the University of Pittsburgh.
SUU has been searching for a new president for more than six months.
- No vaccine mandate for students at Southern Utah University
- No tuition increase this year at Southern Utah University
Today’s Top Stories
- Victim of fatal accident identified, SR 190 reopens in Big Cottonwood Canyon
- UPDATE: Family of missing Stanton Porter releases statement regarding his death
- UPDATE: Meteor potentially causes boom that rattles Salt Lake Valley
- Utah middle school bans phones from entire school day
- Parents, need a side hustle? The Murray School District is hiring
- How to have the best of both worlds for your house | Home security and curb appeal
- Investigation continues after plane plunges into Lake Powell, killing 2
- Member of Utah Little League team injured in fall from bunk bed
- UPDATE: Power is back on in Bountiful after power outage affected at least 5,200
- 4moms infant swings and rockers recalled over strangulation danger