Motorcyclist dead after rear-end collision on I-15
SALT LAKE CITY – A motorcyclist was headed southbound on I-15 when a Tesla rear-ended the motorcycle. The motorcyclist was ejected from his vehicle as a result of the crash.
The Tesla driver said that he was using his car’s autopilot feature.
The incident took place at around 1 a.m. on July 24, 2022.
The motorcyclist was pronounced dead on the scene.
This is a developing story and will be updated.
- Crash on I-80 leaves one dead, closes westbound lanes
- Two people killed in two separate car crashes in Salt Lake City
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah Lake restoration called “unconstitutional” by state agency
- Suspicious package at Intermountain Layton Hospital removed, detonated
- What the bishops knew: Church releases details, timeline about Arizona sex abuse case
- Two people dead in Taylorsville after shooting
- Judge sets up possible release of redacted affidavit justifying Mar-a-Lago search
- Direct selling and the big impact it has on the Utah economy
- Utah Little League player, after fall from bunk bed, is making progress
- Quantum computing of “great concern” to Rep. Chris Stewart, here’s why
- Park City Resort introduces paid parking systems
- Crash causes big delays in Tooele County